Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm new on here! I own a 2017 1000rr and was wondering if anyone has changed the gearing to a lower ratio? The tight mountain roads where I live is not good place for a bike that's geared so high.....Thanks!!

· Registered
2022 CBR1000RR
182 Posts
Factory on the SC77 is 16 front 43 rear. I went with a 15 tooth front and 45 tooth rear, so down 1 in the front and up 2 teeth in the rear. 15 in the front is about as small as you want to go without having chain wrap issues. You can go pretty big in the rear if you want, at the expense of top speed of course. What you choose depends on your riding. I wanted to have more aggressive gearing, but the local track here has a 190 mph main straight so I didn't want to sacrifice too much top speed.

Plug in your bike here and it will let you play with sprockets and show you your speed in each gear/RPM and any differences in chain size with new gearing:

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Factory on the SC77 is 16 front 43 rear. I went with a 15 tooth front and 45 tooth rear, so down 1 in the front and up 2 teeth in the rear. 15 in the front is about as small as you want to go without having chain wrap issues. You can go pretty big in the rear if you want, at the expense of top speed of course. What you choose depends on your riding. I wanted to have more aggressive gearing, but the local track here has a 190 mph main straight so I didn't want to sacrifice too much top speed.

Plug in your bike here and it will let you play with sprockets and show you your speed in each gear/RPM and any differences in chain size with new gearing:
THANK YOU!!

· Registered
227 Posts
It didn't change your TC behavior at all? I'm running 15/45 with a 200/55 rear... though mine's flashed for the gearing and tire, I should have tried it with a stock ECU.
Not to my knowledge, Have done 2 or 3 track days with that same setup in mode settings 1,1,1. I am woolich flashed with racetools however i havent touched any gearing parameters at all.

· Registered
2022 CBR1000RR
182 Posts
Not to my knowledge, Have done 2 or 3 track days with that same setup in mode settings 1,1,1. I am woolich flashed with racetools however i havent touched any gearing parameters at all.
That’s interesting. It sounds like the lower settings aren’t effected at all, nice. My tuner mentioned setting TC and WC to max to see the difference so maybe only the more aggressive intervention settings are noticeably sensitive to gearing and tire circumference changes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts