Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

Registered
Yes My bike its a Cbr1000rr 2018, used to put the old part number but then they no longer sell that, its as been change for all bikes if you buy direct from Honda.

Registered
Simply a supersession with -D01 replaced by -D02. Online catalogs will need to be refreshed to update the change.
Part number change like this is usually just supplier change.

Why compromise your investment using a non-genuine filter just to save a few $$?

Registered
Don't buy filters from Ebay. I bought a couple for my cbr600rr (same oil filter as 1000) a few years back and they were counterfeit. Not the same ones posted here but enough slight differences to tip me off. And when I called out the seller they gave me a full refund and didn't even want them back. Now I buy from dealer or reputable online retailers only.

Registered
I came across this over the weekend, when i did an oil changes as well, just figured it was like everything on bikes, superseded by another part, from a different maker or something.

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
From what I have read , Honda is now using a China based company to manufacture their new oil filter D02 .
Has anyone had any luck with an alternative aftermarket filter that they can recommend ?

Hook 'em!
2017 CBR1000S1
21 - 27 of 27 Posts