Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
17 CBR1000RR SP
71 Posts
So I no longer have a fireblade as I got rid of it for the woman in my life. Less than six months later she cheated on me so now she’s gone and so is my bike. 🤦🏻‍♂️
During my first marriage I was riding to work one morning when a pickup ran a 4-way stop hitting me in the rear when still leaned over, putting me down. Just had bruises thanks to a full riding suit and damage to the bike that I had to repair. But the wife said I had to stop riding or she would leave me, I said See Ya, and kept the bike and divorced her. Never give up something that you truly love to do for another, if they don't like it then they are not right for you.
Good luck in finding a nice ride. ;)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
During my first marriage I was riding to work one morning when a pickup ran a 4-way stop hitting me in the rear when still leaned over, putting me down. Just had bruises thanks to a full riding suit and damage to the bike that I had to repair. But the wife said I had to stop riding or she would leave me, I said See Ya, and kept the bike and divorced her. Never give up something that you truly love to do for another, if they don't like it then they are not right for you.
Good luck in finding a nice ride. ;)
I agree and lesson learned! Believe me I’m not upset she’s gone but I am upset the bike is gone.

·
Registered
387 Posts
It won't tell you who exactly has your bike but you can generally see the annual inspection/registration history to tell if a bike has been totaled or in an accident.

·
Can't Spell
412 Posts
this is news to me. Can you tell me exactly how to do that??
Take the vin and put it in google and hit search lol.
We do it all the time here at my dealership on cars to see if they had been up for sale before we got them.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Take the vin and put it in google and hit search lol.
We do it all the time here at my dealership on cars to see if they had been up for sale before we got them.
cool I’ll do that! Thanks! I’d be interested to see if it’s still running and not totaled. 😕

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I no longer have a fireblade as I got rid of it for the woman in my life. Less than six months later she cheated on me so now she’s gone and so is my bike. 🤦🏻‍♂️

(I miss Movi REALLY bad😩)

Yes I know I’m an idiot and lesson has been learned!!!

my question is simply this. All I do is street riding on the curvy country roads. I would love to have a brand new bike but don’t think I can really justify spending that kind of money for just a day-to-day street bike. I ideally would like to have a 2015+ model with an emphasis being on the newer end but wanted to get some opinions. If I could get my hands on a really good low mileage stock 15’ model for $6500 or less should I jump on that or should I pay the difference and get a 17+ model.
I understand doing track days and amateur racing the newer is better because of the better parts and more horsepower etc. but for what I’m doing is the difference really worth it?

I came from an 06 CBR1000RR. (Movi)

(I miss Movi REALLY bad😩)

Yes I know I’m an idiot and lesson has been learned!!!

my question is simply this. All I do is street riding on the curvy country roads. I would love to have a brand new bike but don’t think I can really justify spending that kind of money for just a day-to-day street bike. I ideally would like to have a 2015+ model with an emphasis being on the newer end but wanted to get some opinions. If I could get my hands on a really good low mileage stock 15’ model for $6500 or less should I jump on that or should I pay the difference and get a 17+ model.
I understand doing track days and amateur racing the newer is better because of the better parts and more horsepower etc. but for what I’m doing is the difference really worth it?

I came from an 06 CBR1000RR. (Movi)
hi
I had a 2013 fire blade was great for sporty rides and the odd track day. The comfy seat even made it OK for a couple of days but of touring.
I traded it in on a 2017 SP model, wow this is so much better in every way but still has the same seat to pedal to bars dimensions. Best bike I’ve owned so far worth the little bit extra

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
hi
I had a 2013 fire blade was great for sporty rides and the odd track day. The comfy seat even made it OK for a couple of days but of touring.
I traded it in on a 2017 SP model, wow this is so much better in every way but still has the same seat to pedal to bars dimensions. Best bike I’ve owned so far worth the little bit extra
I’ve heard great things about them especially with the suspension. Sadly they don’t make any more power than the base model though.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
A quick ECU reflash and you can pickup about 20 hp over stock then it is better than the Base model power. :)
oh no doubt but I was planning on flashing the base model ECU too so what would be the difference then?🤔🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
387 Posts
oh no doubt but I was planning on flashing the base model ECU too so what would be the difference then?🤔🤷🏻‍♂️
The SP2 has a different head will make more hp but overall not much difference aside from entry level Brembo calipers and electronic Ohlins suspension.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
So just an update on my previous post. I tracked down my old bike!! I had a little help with some friends in the department of motor vehicle and a used car salesman running Carfax reports as well as a service manager at a certain Honda shop. My bike went from being stupid show room condition clean to hey stunt bike. Why someone would take a bike as clean as mine was and destroy it is beyond me. There are lots of trashed bikes out there to make a stunt bike out of.

So buying my old bike back is out of the question at this point. I know we have discussed a lot on this post and there are lots of post probably regarding my next question but here it goes.

I know the 08 and up bikes handle much better than the 06/07 bikes. I understand that they make more power than the 06/07 bikes. My question is this. I have found a 2012 bike that was laid down on one side and has a scratched stater cover and swingarm. The plastics were all replaced but the guy that laid it down turned it into insurance I guess because it has a rebuilt title. The current owner swears it is mechanically sound the pictures look like it is very very clean. I think I can get it for five grand. The bike has approximately 9000 miles on it.
The only mods besides different fairings is it has a slip on exhaust. No power commander no ECU flash everything else is stock.

my other option is and 07RR With a full titanium Akro Exhaust with power commander. It also comes with an extra set of OEM plastic fairings and has approximately the same mileage. The guy is asking $5500 but could probably get it for 5000 as well.

I have logged a lot of miles on an 06/07RR and I am very familiar with their comfort. So I am asking someone who has ridden both of them what would you buy?
From what I have discovered on this site
Motorcycle Ergonomics it appears the 06/07 has less of a lean angle and you’re legs are not as bent up. I would think that would mean you’d be more comfortable on longer rides but I don’t know.

so for the people out there that I have written both bikes white would you do in my situation? I think both of those bikes are a good deal and at first glance I would say get the 2012 with the rebuilt title but then again it’s a rebuilt title and doesn’t have full titanium exhaust.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Rebuilt title is not worth it IMO b/c it was SALVAGE at one point in time by insurance. On bikes common reasons are frame damage or cost to repair exceeds value of bike. It does not go from CLEAN title directly to REBUILT for some minor damage.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Rebuilt title is not worth it IMO b/c it was SALVAGE at one point in time by insurance. On bikes common reasons are frame damage or cost to repair exceeds value of bike. It does not go from CLEAN title directly to REBUILT for some minor damage.
The guy said bc the the nose, left side fairing, tail section, stator cover, and swing arm being scratch the insurance wants to replace them all. Those parts from Honda are so expensive it will total it. The frame might have been scratched too but he didn’t mention it.
He said it was taken to missouri state police for inspection. It passed inspection and thats where the rebuilt title came from. After fixing it and getting inspection it was issued a rebuilt title.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The guy said bc the the nose, left side fairing, tail section, stator cover, and swing arm being scratch the insurance wants to replace them all. Those parts from Honda are so expensive it will total it. The frame might have been scratched too but he didn’t mention it.
He said it was taken to missouri state police for inspection. It passed inspection and thats where the rebuilt title came from. After fixing it and getting inspection it was issued a rebuilt title.
I’d get the 0/6/07 CBR. It’s ready to roll without any questions. Plus the upgrades are resealable if you don’t like the set up. Too many questions on the newer bike. And that’s the last thing you want going through your mind on 2’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I’d get the 0/6/07 CBR. It’s ready to roll without any questions. Plus the upgrades are resealable if you don’t like the set up. Too many questions on the newer bike. And that’s the last thing you want going through your mind on 2’s.

Thank you for your comment. I think I’m gonna post a thread based on the comfort between the bikes. I want some opinions.

·
BOTM Moderator
363 Posts

In some ways, I agree with your about the newer bikes. All the electronics, etc. raise questions where the 06/07 are more customization since they don't so many freaking electronics.

but.. older bikes have their own issues. Used parts seem to be getting harder to get, many things might need fixing; as I spent a lot of money fixing this and that when I got my 07. If the price is not an object, I would go with a 2012 or newer.
(salvage title withstanding)

Although, the 04-07 are the best looking ones :)

-R

·
BOTM Moderator
363 Posts
I'm with Blade on this one.

The REBUILT title means, something happened that insurance company thought it wasn't worth fixing the bike.
That something could have been cosmetic or structural. you won't know.
That status will always also hang over your head, if you were to sell

I would get REBUILT only if got an exceptionally good deal.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
In some ways, I agree with your about the newer bikes. All the electronics, etc. raise questions where the 06/07 are more customization since they don't so many freaking electronics.

but.. older bikes have their own issues. Used parts seem to be getting harder to get, many things might need fixing; as I spent a lot of money fixing this and that when I got my 07. If the price is not an object, I would go with a 2012 or newer.
(salvage title withstanding)

Although, the 04-07 are the best looking ones :)

-R
So your saying even with the title issue get the 2012. I agree with you on parts and stuff and I agree with you on the looks of the 06/07. 2nd place is the 12-16 looks in my opinion.

Here is some pics of it.

·
BOTM Moderator
363 Posts
So your saying even with the title issue get the 2012. I agree with you on parts and stuff and I agree with you on the looks of the 06/07. 2nd place is the 12-16 looks in my opinion.

Here is some pics of it.
So, I'm a bit sentimental and like to have my toys be unmolested. In my humble opinion, there are things that are impossible or rather expensive to fix on a bike

• Title. impossible to go from salvage / rebuilt to clean
  • Plastic / Fairings. OEM fairings are desirable and add value. why? they are beautiful, well made, and expensive to replace.
  • frame or major frame part damage or scratches.

Other things such as turn signals, handle bars, gasket covers, etc. can be fixed / replaced fairly easily.

I usually aim to buy a vehicle that the hard to fix/replace components are intact, and then try to fix other items.
I sorta broke my own rule with my current CBR and rather regret it. (Don't tell it though, it's feelings might get hurt).

I don't want to tell you what to get or not to get. But this 2012 bike, seems to have 3 strikes on all counts: title, bodywork (i don't think that's OEM, and scratches on swing arm)
I would get it if it was cheap enough and I wold then categorize it as a beater bike in my own head. But that's my way of thinking.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
So, I'm a bit sentimental and like to have my toys be unmolested. In my humble opinion, there are things that are impossible or rather expensive to fix on a bike

• Title. impossible to go from salvage / rebuilt to clean
  • Plastic / Fairings. OEM fairings are desirable and add value. why? they are beautiful, well made, and expensive to replace.
  • frame or major frame part damage or scratches.

Other things such as turn signals, handle bars, gasket covers, etc. can be fixed / replaced fairly easily.

I usually aim to buy a vehicle that the hard to fix/replace components are intact, and then try to fix other items.
I sorta broke my own rule with my current CBR and rather regret it. (Don't tell it though, it's feelings might get hurt).

I don't want to tell you what to get or not to get. But this 2012 bike, seems to have 3 strikes on all counts: title, bodywork (i don't think that's OEM, and scratches on swing arm)
I would get it if it was cheap enough and I wold then categorize it as a beater bike in my own head. But that's my way of thinking.
thanks for your comments!
Idk if you read it or not but I think I can get the 2012 in the pics for 5k. Asking is 5500.
I hear you on your point. The title is my only real issue.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts