Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Red Wingin Georgia Boy
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched a couple of times to try and find out what im curious about but couldnt find much help so im using the last resort and starting the thread. Im thinking about purchasing these for my bike but was wondering if the lifters are worth it or not? i saw niner had them on his 600 but in the pics he used the rear spools with his stand anyway. thanks in advance

·
Mr. Bish
32,613 Posts
Most definitely a bling item.

Gilles products are very well made (craftmanship is beautiful). I have a set on my bike, and given the chance to do it again maybe wouldn't make the same decision (trakdays/tires/trakdays/tires).

Once again, they're beautiful... but I think there are better ways to spend your money.

btw... I use the lifters as lifters. It does make it a bit easier. My GF, who couldn't effectively get the bike on the spooled stands, finds it easier to get it on the GP spools.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Using the lifters, it is much easier to lift the bike on the rear stand. I don't even hold the bike upright anymore. I just slip the rear stand in the lifters and it rights itself off the kickstand.

Oh, and they look really cool.

·
08 Feb BOTM, 09 Aug BOTM
7,262 Posts
Using the lifters, it is much easier to lift the bike on the rear stand. I don't even hold the bike upright anymore. I just slip the rear stand in the lifters and it rights itself off the kickstand.

Oh, and they look really cool.
+1:thumbsup:

·
Red Wingin Georgia Boy
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah the price is kinda the main reason i havnt got them yet...if you get the adjusters with lifters and titanium axel bolt their like 335 dont know if i would bother with that axel bolt since its 65 bucks or so but still pricey either way...

You guys dont find it much easier at all with adjusting the chain than the stock one? its not that hard to begin with but i read on the 600rr.net i think that some guys find it easier?

·
Premium Member
14,399 Posts
i can do a set of their 2 piece adjusters/lifters/ti nut for $247 shipped.

·
Premium Noob
1,416 Posts
Brad is the man.:thumbsup:
That's where I got mine.
Just put them on, so can't comment on how well they work compared to the stockers, yet. Will keep you posted.
I didn't get the nut, though.:sad010:

·
Red Wingin Georgia Boy
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i wasnt planning on getting the adapter kit i got the pitbull stand with the spool hook on one side and the rubber on the other thats supposed to be used with the axel but its round and looks like it would fit in the adjuster anyway so i guess we'll see

+1 on the WOW for 247 shipped thats a deal right there

·
Premium Noob
1,416 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts