Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
advise required

My cbr1000rr 2012 brake calipers are not performing well, I replaced the caliper seals still not much power, upgraded brembo RCS19 master cylinder with hell brake lines, the braking sponginess has gone, but the
braking strength still lacks

can some one advise if the brembo calipers on gixxer 1000 can be swapped on Fireblade, as new brembo monoblock M4 are pretty expensive

gixxer brembo calipers are easily available thru parts brokers for xheaper prices

regards
Hasan

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
When you say break strength - doy o umean initial bite? Overall stopping power? Fade? Are you on track or high speed street racing on the freeway?
What pads are you using? What brake fluid are you using?
You might try a pad change or even a rotor change before chasing different calipers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi,
currently the bike is on oem brake pads and rotors, the bike has only 17000km on it, i ride fast on street, the effectiveness of the braking is not there, if i compare my previous bike gsxr1000 the oem brake pads and calipers performance much better, the brake fluid is dot 4

earlier the oem master cylinder and oem brake lines there was sponginess, even after changing the master cylinder service kit, the sponginess didnt go with the addition of brembo RCS 19 Master cylinder and hel brake lines the sponginess is gone, the brake lever is harder, but the feeling that the pads are slipping or effectiveness of braking forces is not there, also the oem pads produce lot of brake dust

in cbr1000rr tokico caliper the two cylinders are small and two are big, on suzuki same type all four are big and same size

over here i can get Galfer brake pads sintered G1370, which the dealer says are as good as oem pads, EBS or any other brand need to be ordered

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
Pointless changing the master cylinder if the brake pads are 17,000km old OEM street pads.

You are free to do what ever you want, but again, I would try different aggressive pads before I swapped out calipers.
I would also change to heavier duty brake rotors before I swapped calipers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pointless changing the master cylinder if the brake pads are 17,000km old OEM street pads.

You are free to do what ever you want, but again, I would try different aggressive pads before I swapped out calipers.
I would also change to heavier duty brake rotors before I swapped calipers.
Hi,
the brake pads are just less than 5000kms used, i would go for GALFER 1370 compound pads, also go for Galfer brake disk

will see the results,

regards

·
Premium Member
8,331 Posts
Hi,
the brake pads are just less than 5000kms used, i would go for GALFER 1370 compound pads, also go for Galfer brake disk

will see the results,

regards

Galfer is crap... The only people using that are the people that haven't tried anything else or the racers that get all the galfer they want for free...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Galfer is crap... The only people using that are the people that haven't tried anything else or the racers that get all the galfer they want for free...

Hi,

here the biggest problem is that only bike manufacturers have oem brake pads available, one company has just got dealership for GALFER
remaining rest of them sell cheap chinese pads,

rest you have to take risk to order pads online,

this article us very useful, the best would be the vesrah SRJL XX and carbon loraine,

but i am a bit fishy about the tokico calpiers on fireblade, my previous bike suzuki gsxr750 k7, had same tokico calipers like the fireblade,
the inner caliper pistons were bigger, but the fireblade has one little small than the other

in my gsxr750 i just upgraded the HEL brake lines the braking imporved, but here on this fireblade, after upgrading to Brembo RCS 19 and HEL brakelines, the the brake bite improvement has
not come, just the feel of the the brake lever has gone hard

i will research on the brake pads and see the outcome

regards
Hasan

·
Premium Member
8,331 Posts
There is nothing wrong with Tokico OEM calipers... Clean the old crap compound off the rotor, slap a set of Carbone Lorraine C60's in there, warm them up a little and then ride it like you stole it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is nothing wrong with Tokico OEM calipers... Clean the old crap compound off the rotor, slap a set of Carbone Lorraine C60's in there, warm them up a little and then ride it like you stole it.
hi,
many thanks, the article u sent was very useful, i was lucky to find XBK5 in one of the shops, will go for it

regards
Hasan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts