Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
hmmm.....a dui is a serious offense. Many people get fired everyday for it.

Now Yates on the other hand, I feel if anyone should have gotten fired it should have been him. Now don't get me wrong, I think he is an excellant rider, but his conduct at Daytona left alot to be desired. After that other rider (can't seem to recall his name at the moment) got *SUCKED* up into Yates' back wheel, then had a hard landing, it would be unknown if he had any internal injuries or not. Good thing he didn't have a broken rib (I had one after my last high-side) and Yates didn't drop kick that rib into his lung or heart!

Anyways, just my opinion. Back to the topic at hand. Gobert is in a position of responsibility, and such should be mindful of his actions. If you want to play, be prepared to pay the price.

-John

·
crotch rocket
589 Posts
SkinDragger said:
hmmm.....a dui is a serious offense. Many people get fired everyday for it.

Now Yates on the other hand, I feel if anyone should have gotten fired it should have been him. Now don't get me wrong, I think he is an excellant rider, but his conduct at Daytona left alot to be desired. After that other rider (can't seem to recall his name at the moment) got *SUCKED* up into Yates' back wheel, then had a hard landing, it would be unknown if he had any internal injuries or not. Good thing he didn't have a broken rib (I had one after my last high-side) and Yates didn't drop kick that rib into his lung or heart!

Anyways, just my opinion. Back to the topic at hand. Gobert is in a position of responsibility, and such should be mindful of his actions. If you want to play, be prepared to pay the price.

-John
I agree about Yates, and as far as I can tell, Gobert has only been "arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence." Not convicted. What happened to "innocent until proven guilty. Apparently, they have more details about the situation to be able to fire someone.

If "suspicion of being under the influence" turns out to be a bac of .03, then I'd be awful upset at Erion & Honda. If he was driving while legally drunk (wouldn't that have been a DWI?), then he needs some penalties.

Again, it's hard to know what to think without the details of the actual incident.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
SkinDragger said:
After that other rider (can't seem to recall his name at the moment) got *SUCKED* up into Yates' back wheel, then had a hard landing, it would be unknown if he had any internal injuries or not. Good thing he didn't have a broken rib (I had one after my last high-side) and Yates didn't drop kick that rib into his lung or heart!
His name is Anthony Fania. I think after taking that devastating drop kick <---- :lol2: he took from Yates, he at least deserves to have his name known. :wink:

·
Registered
776 Posts
Alright don't start the yates debate on this site too!! But Honda is much different than Suzuki in terms of standard and image thats why the Go show got dropped. It is such a waste of talent! That was the only hope for the RR to win in Superstock don't think alex has his bro's talent.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Good for Honda and Erion. Innocent until proven guilty blah blah blah... The judge will decide if he is guilty of breaking laws but Honda already decided he is guilty of reputation tarnishing and dealt their judgement. I applaud them for being decisive and taking action without delay.

You want to ride for the best you have to carry yourself in a manner worthy.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
very true as much as i like The go show. he has to rember this is honda the top dog. they want you make every scarifice possilbe for the team. i wonder who will step up now that Roberts is over seas with his dad. Zemke good but i don't know

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.