Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Nice to meet you all, fellow rider here who just recently upgraded from an MC22 CBR250RR to an '05 thousand. Will be doing a mild restoration on it, may even post up a brief timeline of the job for anyone interested, will be focusing on fairing repairs and a re-paint of everything looking a bit tired with new decals etc. and also doing fluid changes and a fork seal kit to bring it back to life. Any suggestions on things that I might not have considered that may be worth checking the condition of and possibly replacing is more than welcome.

While I'm at it I have been spending all damn day searching the internet and the service manual for identification of a part, the bike has been upgraded here and there so there's a chance that it isn't a stock part but I'm betting that it is, I have attached various pictures of the part if anyone could tell me what it is that would be great. It has a clear soft plastic primer bulb on it (left hand side of the part in photos) which naturally brings me to assume it's part of the fuel system but the manual shows the fuel pump being in the tank. There was also a loose drain/vent pipe that runs with the other couple down to the kickstand and it appears as though it was supposed to be connected into the bottom of the silver finned metal part at the bottom of the part outlined in the pictures. Just to be clear the photos are of the left side of the bike, above the kickstand area.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Camman, it's got an RS-5 slip-on so it wasn't attached to the exhaust system anywhere!
Can you enlighten me as to why it's got what looks like a primer bulb on it?
And I suppose that you don't plug a breather tube into the bottom of it like I assumed then?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts