Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy some of Gregg’s signals for my 1000rr. He said they should be in by the end of the week. I asked several question by email, and he was unbelievable with accurate answers and quick response (Praise!!)

Gregg said the only color he is currently going to have is glossy black which will create a red halo around the signal. I am uncertain if I like this eyeball effect I think it will give.

Does anybody have any of these new signals for the 1000 on order. If so, can they take pictures when they’re installed.

Thanks

·
Registered
235 Posts
IronNutz said:
Got the gloss black on order. Hopefully be here next week. I looked and realized before ordering that it would end up with that red "Halo", I figure about 30 cents of vinyl should remedy it quite nicely. :D

I ordered the black signals too... I'm not understanding why it would have a red Halo... and how will vinyl fix it???

·
crotch rocket
589 Posts
get_dude said:
IronNutz said:
Got the gloss black on order. Hopefully be here next week. I looked and realized before ordering that it would end up with that red "Halo", I figure about 30 cents of vinyl should remedy it quite nicely. :D

I ordered the black signals too... I'm not understanding why it would have a red Halo... and how will vinyl fix it???
On the red/grey bikes, the fairing is red, with the blinker going right in the middle of one of the black vinyl wings. The vinyl of the wings stop shy of the blinker hole by about 1/8" leaving a red halo.

I already have some black sheet vinyl from another project, and was also planning on covering the "halo."

G

·
I talked with the folks at McCoy and asked if a version for the 1000RR is available and they said not yet, call back later, not even and option to pre-order.
sean

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
All LED signal's will blink fast. You'll need a load equalizer of some sort. Go to Radio Shack and buy part #271-120. Wire one in parallel on each side of the bike. You can put it on the front or back, it doesn't matter. That should slow er' down. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.