Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Brand new in box. Has 2 wheel speed sensors that are mounted to sense the front and rear rotor bolts/rivets. Very easy to install by plugging into one of the spark plug connectors.

Handlebar switch and LED indicator is also included.

Fully customizable via the included software. You can adjust a ton of parameters for launch and traction control. I have this system on my bike and can attest that it works as advertised.

Reason for sale is I bought 2 units a year ago and never ended up installing the second unit!

$950 brand new shipped from Italy. Asking $750 shipped Paypal. I will not ship international unless you pay additional (actual cost of) shipping.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've got the gripone Iside and can confirm these are an excellent traction control unit with 5 adjustable settings mounted on the clip on. Bargain at $750

·
Registered
10 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you need to ensure you're running iron brake disc mounting bolts in order for the pickups to read speed input? I remember reading that somewhere and thinking 'well fuck, if i can't run Titanium or Stainless bots just to get this thing to work that's a major downside for me'.

I'm currently looking at going with the new Healtech AF unit as it has most of the same functionality but comes with ABS style pickup rings to get speed measurements.

I hear these Gripone units are fucking awesome though, GLWS.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you need to ensure you're running iron brake disc mounting bolts in order for the pickups to read speed input? I remember reading that somewhere and thinking 'well fuck, if i can't run Titanium or Stainless bots just to get this thing to work that's a major downside for me'.

I'm currently looking at going with the new Healtech AF unit as it has most of the same functionality but comes with ABS style pickup rings to get speed measurements.

I was also wondering about that if titanium bolts would work.
Also, does this system for sale come with the IMU?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Titanium will not work because the proximity sensor only works with metals that are magnetic. One option is to use the HRC front wheel pulse ring, which is what I went with on my SBK forks.

For the rear, it does not matter what the nuts are because the sensors are aimed at the sprocket stud itself, which is magnetic.

The IMU and data collection unit are separate add-ons.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Unsure about the iron bolts mate. I have stock sp wheels and PVM wheels so what ever bolts are in those the sensor picks them up.
I recently damaged the front wheel sensor and have been using the system with both disconnected and it still works brilliantly.
The big advantage the grip one system has over say the heal tech is it uses an imu sensor unit mounted at the front of the bike behind the tacho. It reads lean angle and all sorts of data.
I can't fault the system so far 👌

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unsure about the iron bolts mate. I have stock sp wheels and PVM wheels so what ever bolts are in those the sensor picks them up.
I recently damaged the front wheel sensor and have been using the system with both disconnected and it still works brilliantly.
The big advantage the grip one system has over say the heal tech is it uses an imu sensor unit mounted at the front of the bike behind the tacho. It reads lean angle and all sorts of data.
I can't fault the system so far 👌
GripOne ISIDE is a completely different unit that has IMU so the wheel sensors are optional.

·
Registered
10 Posts
`
I hear ya, and that's exactly what got me leaning towards the GripOne unit (it's available as an add-on for the S4 that's being sold, and sounds well worth it), but having emailed both companies with a few questions I can tell you now that Healtech are awesome to deal with, and typical as is my experience dealing with companies based in Italy, they just completely ignored me.

If I can find someone local to me (bike is in the UK) which has the skills and experience with the unit should I have any issues I think I'll go with it mind you. Do you have someone in Aus with experience fitting/installing/setting up/etc?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Titanium will not work because the proximity sensor only works with metals that are magnetic. One option is to use the HRC front wheel pulse ring, which is what I went with on my SBK forks.
View attachment 262464

For the rear, it does not matter what the nuts are because the sensors are aimed at the sprocket stud itself, which is magnetic.

The IMU and data collection unit are separate add-ons.
Where and how much did you pick this up for mate?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I hear ya, and that's exactly what got me leaning towards the GripOne unit (it's available as an add-on for the S4 that's being sold, and sounds well worth it), but having emailed both companies with a few questions I can tell you now that Healtech are awesome to deal with, and typical as is my experience dealing with companies based in Italy, they just completely ignored me.

If I can find someone local to me (bike is in the UK) which has the skills and experience with the unit should I have any issues I think I'll go with it mind you. Do you have someone in Aus with experience fitting/installing/setting up/etc?
Is the S4 still available? It's what I originally wanted but said the unit is discontinued so I bought the iside.
The only reason I went with grip one is because it was on the Tenkate website and the customer service recommended it. I didn't see the heal tech unit until recently.
As far as customer service from grip one it has been very good even with the time difference but if your in the UK and heal tech is a UK brand that's a no brainer aye!
I'm the only one with the gripone system that I know of mate so I'm winging it for now. 😁👍

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is the S4 still available? It's what I originally wanted but said the unit is discontinued so I bought the iside.
The only reason I went with grip one is because it was on the Tenkate website and the customer service recommended it. I didn't see the heal tech unit until recently.
As far as customer service from grip one it has been very good even with the time difference but if your in the UK and heal tech is a UK brand that's a no brainer aye!
I'm the only one with the gripone system that I know of mate so I'm winging it for now. 😁👍
Several of their distributors still have it in stock but the Iside is supposed to be the next generation TC. I'm curious how Iside (included IMU) + optional wheel sensors would be different from S4 (included wheel sensors) + optional IMU. I guess the main advantage is it's much less work to install for people who are not interested in mounting wheel speed sensors.

Reactions: Irlnd_rr
1 - 13 of 13 Posts