Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had only 380 miles on it, but had already done the first oil change, so since it was free at a local dealers "open house", I decided to have it dyno'd. It had 144.1 HP, totally stock. However, he seemed to think it is actually higher than this. He said that he had put a bike on there that he had just dyno'd last week, and it was a few HP lower. I don't know how a dyno works, but I guess he said it needed to be serviced, or calibrated, or something like that.

Also, has anyone ever heard that the HP will increase over the first couple thousand miles?

I am by far happy with 144.1 HP. This thing flies!

·
Registered
89 Posts
After proper break-in you should get a few more HP. Try to stay at about 90% of redline 'til you get to 600 miles on the odometer. Make repeated trips to redline from 600-1200 miles. Don't flog it yet. Be smooth with the throttle. After 1200 miles "go for it". Get to redline routinely so the engine gets used to it. Keep redline trips short 'til you get to 1500-1800 miles. After that the sky's the limit. I've had good success with this break-in method and so have friend and club racers @ Willow Spring Raceway. I've seen as much as 4-8 HP increase with the proper break-in. But please use common sense when breaking-in a new motor. Be patient, have fun, and be safe my friend. :D

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Please don't listen to moronic bench jockeys about HP. Every dyno is different. I can hear some gixxer1k owner asking "Have you had it dynoed?" then laugh when you tell him. You should have ask that dyno operator what the other literbikes are making. But then again, who gives a chit, ride the hell out of it. This bike is fuggn' amazing.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Exactly. I have always been a Honda lover, and this bike just proves that nobody else can come close to Honda. they may be faster, have more HP on a dyno, but you can actually USE the power on this bike, unlike those other 3 that feel like they will fall apart above 10k rpm.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Sup red ryder...

It's Cheeko, the guy that works at Criswell and was in that DC most wanted vid talking Sh&^*t....

I'm here reading as much as I can before I decide on a new honda 1000 or not...

Everything looks real good so far...

Later mang!!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey wussup get_dude. I guess you put 2 and 2 together and figured out it was me. Yeah man, Next time I run into you, you can take it for a test ride. This thing really is a great all around package. No complaints from me, or any other owners that I have seen.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thanks for the offer man but hopefully the next time we run into each other I will have my own... I think the last word was mid May... I hope it comes before my trip to Miami the end of May because I'm not going without a bike and that may force me to grab the new R1...

·
Registered
39 Posts
have yuo ridden any of the other bikes red ryder? I'm just wondering where yuo get the idea that they will fall apart. As a former Rc51 (R.I.P.) owner as well as a current 600RR and ZX10R owner I had more issues with my 600RR and RC51 than I ever had with any Kawasaki's I've ever owned.

·
Registered
235 Posts
motozen said:
have yuo ridden any of the other bikes red ryder? I'm just wondering where yuo get the idea that they will fall apart. As a former Rc51 (R.I.P.) owner as well as a current 600RR and ZX10R owner I had more issues with my 600RR and RC51 than I ever had with any Kawasaki's I've ever owned.
just curious... What issues did you have with your RC51 and 600rr?... I sold a few 600RRs that had issues keeping the battery charged... The ryders were newbies though so I suspected either the batteries died because the bike sat for weeks before being ridden, or the batteries died from constant stall outs...

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had a 600rr and never had any problems with the charging system. I also have four friends who have a 600rr and have never seen or heard of any problems at all from the bikes. And last I have sold many 600rr's and I have never had a single customer have a single problem at all. Maybe the problem is the rider not the bike.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had a 600rr and never had any problems with the charging system. I also have four friends who have a 600rr and have never seen or heard of any problems at all from the bikes. And last I have sold many 600rr's and I have never had a single customer have a single problem at all. Maybe the problem is the rider not the bike.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In the past 7 yeas, EVERY suzuki I have ever ridden just feels "loose" and not put together well. Had one freind whose whole electrical harness had to be rewired because nothing electrical would work right. (that was in 2000, and the bike was a 98). Then had a friend who had a zx-7 that was the biggest turd I have ever ridden. It could barely get out of its own way. That also felt shakey. I have had Huffy's that felt better than that thing. Bottom line is, Honda quality is unsurpassed.

·
Registered
235 Posts
madball said:

I was more leaning to ryder errors than charging issues...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.