Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at purchasing an 06 1000rr blue/yellow edtion, looking at it tomorrow. I currently ride an 03 600rr and have been riding for about 4 years, this will be my third bike. I ahve modded my 600 some and have a two brothers s/o on it now.

I am looking to put a s/o exhaust on the 1000 when i get it, haven't decided on the type yet though. I was looking around and know some people do it with the r6s with the r6r exhaust and came across a 2006 1000rr with the 2008 jardine rt8 shorty on it. will this affect the pressure or hurt the motor any? how would i mount it, like is there a y pipe on the bottom or would it be botttom, i haven't looked at the 1000 exhaust set up yet. could it just be bolted on? any thing helps

this is like an 06 with one on it.

I did try to search everywhere...

Attachments

·
Registered
575 Posts
That looks like shit. Just go with the Akra., Arata, or Sato slips and be done with it.

·
Premium Noob
1,414 Posts
Yup ... not a big fan.

Welcome though.:th_salute:

·
blue power ranger
197 Posts
That looks like shit. Just go with the Akra., Arata, or Sato slips and be done with it.
+1.Any of these will be a good addition. Brad has some killer deals on akras right now.

·
Kamikaze
14,397 Posts
It wouldn't just bolt on because the stock header points up toward the tail. You would have to cut and weld into the stock piping.

A couple of guys here have done this, I can't remember their names though.

·
Low Budget Pimp
252 Posts
I agree with Jason, that looks bad and not bad in a good way. Just go with what was meant for that particular bike.

·
Registered
73 Posts
a megaphone tip or something would be a lot better than that if u wanna keep that moto shotry, but that can hanging out the side looks fucking stupid. that idea only works on bikes with side exit exhausts

·
Tony's a Bitch
982 Posts
Retards grow on tree's around here dont they?

·
Registered
120 Posts
One more for not digging that exhaust

The bike looks good with the underseat exhaust and there are plenty of good pipes for you to choose from.

·
Registered
580 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts