Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

has anyone done this? new to the site

1416 Views 13 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  Justin1000RR
I am looking at purchasing an 06 1000rr blue/yellow edtion, looking at it tomorrow. I currently ride an 03 600rr and have been riding for about 4 years, this will be my third bike. I ahve modded my 600 some and have a two brothers s/o on it now.

I am looking to put a s/o exhaust on the 1000 when i get it, haven't decided on the type yet though. I was looking around and know some people do it with the r6s with the r6r exhaust and came across a 2006 1000rr with the 2008 jardine rt8 shorty on it. will this affect the pressure or hurt the motor any? how would i mount it, like is there a y pipe on the bottom or would it be botttom, i haven't looked at the 1000 exhaust set up yet. could it just be bolted on? any thing helps

this is like an 06 with one on it.

I did try to search everywhere...

Attachments

See less See more
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
That looks like shit. Just go with the Akra., Arata, or Sato slips and be done with it.
Yup ... not a big fan.

Welcome though.:th_salute:
That looks like shit. Just go with the Akra., Arata, or Sato slips and be done with it.
+1 Akra
+1.Any of these will be a good addition. Brad has some killer deals on akras right now.
It wouldn't just bolt on because the stock header points up toward the tail. You would have to cut and weld into the stock piping.

A couple of guys here have done this, I can't remember their names though.
I agree with Jason, that looks bad and not bad in a good way. Just go with what was meant for that particular bike.
a megaphone tip or something would be a lot better than that if u wanna keep that moto shotry, but that can hanging out the side looks fucking stupid. that idea only works on bikes with side exit exhausts
Retards grow on tree's around here dont they?
One more for not digging that exhaust

The bike looks good with the underseat exhaust and there are plenty of good pipes for you to choose from.
:th_SmlyROFL::th_SmlyROFL:
We can always count on you 4 a good laugh.....
:th_SmlyROFL::th_SmlyROFL::th_SmlyROFL:

Lucky we have the chain saw elsewhere
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.