Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Down, but not out...
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone here has ever filed an Allstate claim for an accident that occurred during a track day event. I was at JenningsGP on Monday and went down in turn 10. A lowside with mostly just plastics, windshield and rearset damage. I looked at my policy and the only thing it excludes is "contests".

• racing contest
  • speed contest
  • demolition contest
  • stunt contest
  • off road contest
  • cycle performance, maneuvering, or endurance contest
  • in practice or preparation for any contest of this type

I work at an auto insurance company, and they all think it would be covered and I shouldn't lie, but, I just wanted to see if anyone here has tried to file a claim before I call them.

·
Down, but not out...
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have always understood if it is un-timed then it is covered.
Me too... I know every co will be different, but Allstate has the word contest in there which tells me they are screwed. I'll be screwed when I see my rates after this, but $250 is better than ~$3,000.

·
Premium Member
1,650 Posts
controlled event it should be covered

·
Banned
1,627 Posts
lol.....its considered a class/instruction and should be covered. but its not right if you ask me. you chose to push your bike and everyone here is already paying plenty for premiums.

·
Down, but not out...
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol.....its considered a class/instruction and should be covered. but its not right if you ask me. you chose to push your bike and everyone here is already paying plenty for premiums.
I don't think they will let me make a habit out of it :) Ins. companies know more about your driving record than the DMV! Trust me, it's what I do.

·
Premium Member
1,650 Posts
I don't think they will let me make a habit out of it :) Ins. companies know more about your driving record than the DMV! Trust me, it's what I do.
Then wouldnt you know if it was covered?

·
Registered
580 Posts
To start you can all a different All State agent or their corporate center and pose as a different person inquiring to open up a MC insurance policy. During conversation let them kno you do the ocasional trackday to improve upon safety and riding skills, then ask if you should go down on a closed course would the bike be covered.
Just a thought....

·
Premium Member
1,650 Posts

·
Down, but not out...
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To start you can all a different All State agent or their corporate center and pose as a different person inquiring to open up a MC insurance policy. During conversation let them kno you do the ocasional trackday to improve upon safety and riding skills, then ask if you should go down on a closed course would the bike be covered.
Just a thought....
Good idea, with my luck I would get the same operator when I call back to make my claim :)

·
Banned
1,627 Posts
Just a thought....
best suggestion i heard yet

·
blah
4,338 Posts
tell them it was a rider improvement coure (which it is) and they should cover it.. i went down inT13 on sunday.. hope youre okay.

·
Down, but not out...
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
tell them it was a rider improvement coure (which it is) and they should cover it.. i went down inT13 on sunday.. hope youre okay.
No.... Sorry to hear that! We had a record number of people going off/down on Monday. Race control was getting pissed!

13 is pretty fast, how are you? I've got a little rash on my forearm where the suit separated and a couple broken ribs.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I've got a little rash on my forearm where the suit separated and a couple broken ribs.[/QUOTE]

Your suit seperated. Who was the manufacture so I can never buy their product?

·
Down, but not out...
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Your suit seperated. Who was the manufacture so I can never buy their product?
Yeah, I don't know if I will either. It was an older model Teknic suit. It separated where the stretchy fabric meets the leather on the forearm. It also separated at the shoulder and went all the way through to the shoulder pad. The shoulder pad had some wear on it, but it saved me from getting rashed. The hip and knee areas held up pretty good.

·
Mr. Bish
32,613 Posts
I would never make a claim (except maybe medical) for a trackday mishap.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts