Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if there was a company that has an aftermarket exhaust yet for the 1000rr. I know twobros has 1,Just wanted to know who else makes one

·
Registered
202 Posts
Thorn92 said:
As of now: Arrow, Micron, Jardine, Arata (full system)...not sure who else. Web sites say they are already produced, but I don't know if they're released yet.
found out yesterday that the arata pipe is available, here is the website
http://www.kneedraggers.com/list/1.1/manu/Arata/Honda/CBR1000RR/
check out the huge price tag, is there a slip on available and does it eliminate the valve?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
That's why I'm waiting to see the charts. I'm not even sure if it close to being worth it. Also one of the tracks that I'm looking at for a track day, Laguna Seca, Doesn't allow aftermarket exhaust. They have a low dB limit. :evil:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Joker45 said:
I'm debating on the Arata full system. I want to see some hp charts first. I figure it will cost me almost 2100 bucks to do a full system between the system price PCIII and dyno tune. That's alot of cash.
well guys,akrapovic full exhaust system is also available and its not cheap either, but they do claim 10.8hp over stock, the slip on only has 1-2hp, but i dont think im gonna spend the xtra cash on a full system, here is the link
http://www.akrapovic-ai.si/main/catalog/products-catalog.htm

·
Registered
66 Posts
I like the Arata and the Akrapovic.

I looked at the Akrapovic website and liked the weight savings.

Stock is 10.6 kg (23.36 lbs)
Race (stainless) is 5.27 kg (11.62 lbs, 11.74 in savings)
Evolution (titanium) is 4.49 kg (9.89 lbs, 13.46 in savings)
I like the weight savings and it looks great on the bike.

I tried to find some numbers on the Arata but was not able to find any.

Nice carbon fiber heat shield, much better than the plastic stocker.

With the pipe, power commander and a custom map things should be great.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Dragger said:
With the pipe, power commander and a custom map things should be great.
True, they should be great... Great and $2,000 plus dollars. You'd better be damn sure the marginal gain is worth 20% of the cost of the bike to you. That's money you will never see in the re-sale. I personally would love the weight savings, and the HP is great for bragging rights, but you will never need it. Unfortunately Arata isn't doing slip-on's this year, guess I'll be shopping around for something else.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Think I'm gonna go with a slip-on( i like the two bros right now but we'll see) and put money into some track days and such. Unless I start racing for money not sure if I'll do alot for more HP but maybe spend alittle in dropping some weight in other areas(brakes,nuts& bolts)

·
Registered
538 Posts
TLS-RR said:
Think I'm gonna go with a slip-on( i like the two bros right now but we'll see) and put money into some track days and such. Unless I start racing for money not sure if I'll do alot for more HP but maybe spend alittle in dropping some weight in other areas(brakes,nuts& bolts)
I"m with you TLS. I like the 2bros right now. I had a yoshi on my F4i. Does anyone know if the 2bros sits straight on the 1000RR or is it crooked like the rest? Probably gonna go with the 2bros regardless.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Leonardo629 said:
Hard Racing priced the Akra "race" system at $1299, and for $49 more, they'll include a free PCIII USB....

it's not $2000
Right, $1299 Exhaust + Special price PCIIIusb $50 + $300 Custom Map = $1649. And that is still a stainless steel system. Their titanium system is $1899 Exhaust + Special price PCIIIusb $Free + $300 Custom Map = $2199.

Don't know why anyone would spend that kind of money for a $$$ to HP ratio like that. That is 20% of the cost of the bike. That's like buying a $7,000 exhaust system for an S2000. :shock: It would have to be made of platinum!

I guarantee noone on this board is good enough to need the extra 10 HP. But hey, if you're made of money, go for it. I wouldn't mind a platinum exhast system either. :wink: ----- Bling!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I got your point....true....

friend of mine spent $1000 on a spoon full exhaust for his S2000, so that's like spending $300 in our perspective.

I don't know about y'all.....One Hundredred and Fifity some horses is already an overkill for me, but I'll definitely get a PCIII usb to smooth things out ever further if I do decide to keep the stock exahust (IMHO, stock exhaust really has the best look).

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.