Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently converting my 07 into a track bike. I’m wanting to delete the headlights/ headlight switch when I put on aftermarket clip ons. How difficult is this? Will I need to tap into the main harness

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am currently converting my 07 into a track bike. I’m wanting to delete the headlights/ headlight switch when I put on aftermarket clip ons. How difficult is this? Will I need to tap into the main harness

·
Tech Moderator
182 Posts
Bridge clutch switch wires together.

·
Tech Moderator
182 Posts
Bike will not start or run without clutch switch connected.

1. remove left-controls sub-harness
2. in open connector where sub-harness was connected, bridge 2 terminals that used to go to clutch switch

Make a jumper like this and plug into where subharness used to connect, although I think it needs to be male terminals.

It'll look something like this when installed. Look in manual for 2 wire-colours that goes to clutch-switch. In connector with 9-terminals or so.

·
Tech SuperMod!
1,177 Posts
I don't recommend deleting the clutch switch, because the bike uses separate ignition tables for neutral/clutch-in and clutch-out so your idle will be high because the bike is running ~10 degrees of advance at idle instead of ~4 degrees unless you fix it with ECU flash.

·
Tech Moderator
182 Posts
I don't recommend deleting the clutch switch, because the bike uses separate ignition tables for neutral/clutch-in and clutch-out so your idle will be high because the bike is running ~10 degrees of advance at idle instead of ~4 degrees unless you fix it with ECU flash.
Which ECU line does the map-switching? On pre-'08 bikes:

B22 - grounded by neutral-switch ON, which also provides ground for starter-solenoid
B23 - grounded by clutch-lever squeeze OR sidestand switch UP

Seems internal safety logic inside ECU is this:

IF neutral-off AND (clutch-lever released OR sidestand down) THEN kill sparks
so if I shift to 1st with clutch not squeezed OR sidestand down , it kills engine

since sidestand-switch is connected in parallel with clutch-switch, yeah no bypassing clutch-switch needed. Just bypass sidestand-switch to show in UP position and it grounds B23 same as squeezing clutch.

·
Tech Moderator
182 Posts
So basically the the bike thinks the clutch is constantly pulled in but that’s ok with 07 ecu?
It's a safety indicator to ECU as follows.

First priority is neutral-switch. If it's in neutral, doesn't matter one bit what else is going on, bike will start and run.

When neutral is NOT on, B23 line is grounded by either clutch-squeeze OR sidestand up. They both connect to that line and ECU has no idea which one is connected.

So no, don't need to bridge clutch-switch. Just short side-stand switch wires to indicate UP and that should work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts