Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Trackday junkie
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is my headers wrapped and sprayed with High-Temp coat and the lowers and side cowl with heat shield
I used DEI 2" heat wrap, bought a 50' roll and you can see in pic what i have left, about 15' left
i started wrapping from the muffler end but the DEI package says to start from the headers - less chances to come loose, still dont know whats the best way and/or why
and DEI 2' x 21" Floor and Tunnel Heat Shield, used a little less than have of it, but didnt use any for the right side cuz i think is needless since the headers are like 5" away and i dont think the oil pan would melt my lowers(who knows...) and prolly i'll use another small piece for the right side cowl where the fairing is touching(or is really close) the radiator

thanx for all of you for tips and how-to's:popcorn2:

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Cool.

That looks like it was a lot of work. How much time did it take?

I don't think I could've done such a good job, that's why I sent mine to Jet-Hot.

·
Trackday junkie
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool.

That looks like it was a lot of work. How much time did it take?

I don't think I could've done such a good job, that's why I sent mine to Jet-Hot.
thanx
i dont know how much time it took but the wrapping is not as hard as i thought, the thing is that when you measure the wrap you have to wrap it for real, not as tight but still, i think that helped me to figure how to do it
more time consuming is that damn heat shield, but i wasnt in rush anyway so took my time to make sure i get it done right from first attempt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts