Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
a d m i n
151,008 Posts
Nice to have you here! Great thst you bought the SC77, arguably the best all rounder ever!

·
Registered
CBR 1000 RR 2017 ABS SC77
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bought it 4 years ago ! Globally very happy about it except for recurring brake issue on track.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tell us what it is.
Mainly the harder I ride and the hotter the condition, the faster I lose feeling in the front brake.
Last trackpad I had to bleed the front brake between each sessions.
I changed the brakelines, Honda changed my first Master Cylinder under warranty, now they ordered a new ABS block under warranty to try to fix the issue.

·
a d m i n
151,008 Posts
Mainly the harder I ride and the hotter the condition, the faster I lose feeling in the front brake.
Last trackpad I had to bleed the front brake between each sessions.
I changed the brakelines, Honda changed my first Master Cylinder under warranty, now they ordered a new ABS block under warranty to try to fix the issue.
Ever any issues wt the ABS on the track? I’ve only done one TD so far, and pulled the ABS fuse for the day. I will do that every TD.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ever any issues wt the ABS on the track? I’ve only done one TD so far, and pulled the ABS fuse for the day. I will do that every TD.
Well, my braking issue may be coming from the ABS on track (and on road when I ride hard enough) but with good enough tire I did not notice the abs even on hard braking on track on the front (on the rear brake, ABS fire often but I do not use it that much anyway)

·
Stand your ground
1,121 Posts
ABS on the track will likely give you nothing but troubles. There are always areas where air can hide in the ABS pump/valve assembly and mushy brakes or lack of feel is common on most bikes. Are you still running stock pads? A switch to different pads can also do wonders for front brake feel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ABS on the track will likely give you nothing but troubles. There are always areas where air can hide in the ABS pump/valve assembly and mushy brakes or lack of feel is common on most bikes. Are you still running stock pads? A switch to different pads can also do wonders for front brake feel.
Yes I am still on stock pads. Honestly I would not know what to try instead of the stock one but why not if I get better feel ;)
But right now it is not that I don't like the front brake feel, it is more that I am losing all my brake after 10 minutes of riding hard on track (the lever could almost touch the handle). I will see what happens with the new abs unit and if pulling the fuse make a difference.

·
Stand your ground
1,121 Posts
If your brake lever is going to the bar then you could have a few potential issues. One is the previously mentioned ABS system giving you grief. Second would be the stock rubber brake lines that expand considerably when hot. Next would be a good brake bleed (but you were already doing that). Lastly would be pad compound. I recommend CL brakes XBK5 pads if you are running on the street as well as the track.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts