Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy from Melbourne Australia.

Currently own KTM300EXC, VFR800, K1200RS and ordered yesterday a 2016 Matt Black blade so will be a blade owner shortly.

Have been trying to decide what Bike to buy for long km's and changing my mind like the wind: K1300S, S1000RR, S1000R, ZX14...etc etc but when I saw the Matt Black blade the flesh i ordered on the spot.

Could someone just let me know how to prevent it from chomping through oil at 30000km?

Cheers
John

·
Registered
342 Posts
Welcome! Hope you get the information you need for your bike.

For long distance riding, I have experienced riding a distance of around 200 miles (~ 320km) on a 2018 CBR1000RR SP. I only stopped once to fill gas and stretched myself. In terms of comfort, I'd say it's OK. In terms of excitement, total ctrl, and flickability, it was fulfilling everything my heart desired. Having said this, it's more popular in the US for riders to use a more upright bike if long distance travel is the staple diet of the bike.

I have not read of the 2016 model burning oil; the 2008 is more likely to see this issue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Mate,
My post was from 2016 I believe :) but thanks for saying hello.
The Matt Black 2016 CBR10000RR never burnt a drop of oil in the 20000km I had it.
Typically we ride between 600-800km each time we go out and it was setup more comfortable than the VFR800 I owned in the past.
I put 20000km on that 2016 CBR but wrote it off on Helyer Gorge, Tasmania.
High sided me into a rock wall head first at a speed where I should not be here today as a result of roadworks that day.
I got my first CBR1000RR 2017 after I recovered from that and did about 30000km before getting another one and currently have 35000km on her.
All CBR's had Ohlins rear, K-Tech front, Screen, Servo eliminator etc etc.
My friend that leads almost every club ride (every Sunday) as about 135000km on his.
I will say again that the blade is a very confortable long distance (fast) tourer.

Cheers

and have had two 2017 CBR's.

Welcome! Hope you get the information you need for your bike.

For long distance riding, I have experienced riding a distance of around 200 miles (~ 320km) on a 2018 CBR1000RR SP. I only stopped once to fill gas and stretched myself. In terms of comfort, I'd say it's OK. In terms of excitement, total ctrl, and flickability, it was fulfilling everything my heart desired. Having said this, it's more popular in the US for riders to use a more upright bike if long distance travel is the staple diet of the bike.

I have not read of the 2016 model burning oil; the 2008 is more likely to see this issue.

Reactions: artthury

·
Registered
342 Posts
That sounded like my cup of tea.
I plan to do longer distances with my CBR's one day.

·
a d m i n
151,031 Posts
Welcome! Best of luck with your new ‘16 Blade!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts