Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Disregarding the performance superiority, the build quality of HONDA is as good or better in somethings than any HD I've ever owned. I am just dumbfounded as to how HD w/ a straight face (in a sense) can continue to sell air-cooled under-powered, split engine cases, heavy as hell inferior vehicles. Its just incredulous, or ingenious marketing, for HD to intenionally ignore metalurgical & mechanical adancements and openly sell outdated junk, like the Softail, FatBoy, Sportster, etc.. Try sitting at a redlight in this summer's weather stradding a honestly 350degree oven! This brings up another question. Who here wraps they're pipes? I can tell you from HD experience it dramatically (like up to 50%) reduces pipe temp which helps compression alot.
Thanks.!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Disregarding the performance superiority, the build quality of HONDA is as good or better in somethings than any HD I've ever owned. I am just dumbfounded as to how HD w/ a straight face (in a sense) can continue to sell air-cooled under-powered, split engine cases, heavy as hell inferior vehicles. Its just incredulous, or ingenious marketing, for HD to intenionally ignore metalurgical & mechanical adancements and openly sell outdated junk, like the Softail, FatBoy, Sportster, etc.. Try sitting at a redlight in this summer's weather stradding a honestly 350degree oven! This brings up another question. Who here wraps they're pipes? I can tell you from HD experience it dramatically (like up to 50%) reduces pipe temp which helps compression alot.
Thanks.!
Who gaf about HD, this is a Honda cbr1000rr forum.

·
SuperMod
912 Posts
Thanks.!
It's not always about performance metrics.

There are other factors like style, comfort, environment, friends, etc.

For example, a 1972 Camaro is a lot cooler than a 2020 accord, although it's not as feature full, reliable, maintenance free, safe, etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Who gaf about HD, this is a Honda cbr1000rr forum.
Because if you weren't aware this is the INTRO section & that involves the new members telling about themselves, hence an INTRODUCTION. I come from a HD centered background where HD is king the end all be all of motorcycles & the sales price proves it. The Honda CBR 1000rr disproves the BS Harley facade so wrong so easily it's laughable. It does not only with it's performance superiority but with Honda"s better build quality. Besides gross mismanagement ^ this is why I'm so impressed with my CBR1000 re & so disillusioned with HD & it's macho tough-guy top quality I am the best BS despite using outdated technology that frequently leaves its owners on the side of the road.
That's why I referred to HD. Understand now?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts