Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went and tried on the 2004 Arai RX-7 Corsair.

They were too tight in large and too large in XL. Seems this years model is more narrow than last years.

The Shoeis fit a little bit better but I am sold on Arai's.

The dealer was trying to sell me last years RX-7(4) for 399.99 It fit ok but was solid yellow.

Any advice? I have a headache from trying all the helmets on. It was easier selecting a bike!

K1

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks MTC,

I went to another dealer, he did a lot better job of customizing the helmet.

Picked up thr Arai RX-7 Wraith.

Lets hook up I live in Long G'island.

K1

·
Registered
7 Posts
Medium size makes me pain after 1 hour and large is too larg

I've just bought a Shoei X-11 size large . This size fit me well but not like a medium one, but ..... After one hour of riding with a medium, my head makes me pain and teeth are too compressed ( I don't want to put a dental apparatus like Valentino Rossi :cry: ) Is the medium size to tigh for me ? or the size large is tigh enough ?

How can I tighten the size large ? How much does it cost ?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I dont know if Shoei has different size liners and cheek pads but I can say that if the medium hurts your head its too tight. You dont need that kind of distraction while riding.

K1, nice helmet, glad to hear you got a good fit on it.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
The M and L sizes in the X-11 are two totally different shells. You can change the cheek pads, but not the top pad. Not near as customizable as the Arai's. I had the same issue with the Shoei, the M was tight, the L was too big. I went with the M and it has conformed to my head a bit, but I do think my large RX7 Arai fit me better right out of the box.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.