Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i ordered and received an HID headlight for my 2012 cbr. i also ordered a set of fairings from monster fairings.
the issue im having is the new headlight isnt fitting correctly in the new nose cone i have.
has anyone installed a headlight from KTmoto onto a 2012 cbr1000rr succefully and if so could u give some advice

when i was trying to install the nose cone the head light seemed to be hanging lower than it should have even when i bolted it into place on the sides. and i seemed to have a gap on top edge of the headlights from the fairing and if i corrected that the nose cone lifted over the bottom edge of the headlights im not sure what im missing honestly. i was easily able to install the OEM headlight into the new nose cone with no issues.

if someone could point me in the correct direction id gladly appreciate it
also where and how did u mount the ballasts and all the extra wiring that came with the headlights

thanks in advance

·
Classifieds Moderator
708 Posts
KT headlights are built on the ~$50 Chinese headlight units you see on eBay. They are poorly sealed and water vapor gets in easily. It should be identical to the OEM headlight, as I've had a KT that fit perfect.

Pictures would help guide your specific fit question.

Ballasts are fit in the space between the two headlights. Where the vacuum canister is once its removed for the flapper mod.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KT headlights are built on the ~$50 Chinese headlight units you see on eBay. They are poorly sealed and water vapor gets in easily. It should be identical to the OEM headlight, as I've had a KT that fit perfect.

Ballasts are fit in the space between the two headlights. Where the vacuum canister is once its removed for the flapper mod.
i havent done the flapper mod as im not 100% sure how to do so (new to doing stuff on my own >.<)
im going to attempt to install the headlight once again tomorrow so if it doesnt fit right again the 2nd time around ill make sure to take pictures and post them

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

do u know of anywhere that would have a walk through for the flapper mod for 2012 i have been looking and i cant seem to find one anywhere

also what would doing this mod do to the performance of the bike just wondering

1 - 4 of 4 Posts