Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening fellas, I’m beating my head I could use any suggestions. I race cars in Colorado and just dropped in a 12-15 cbr for a new powerplant. I was a motorcycle tech before I joined the military so I’m no stranger to them but This one has me stumped. Motor fires, idles great, sounds great but has a terrible throttle delay. It will rev to the moon once the secondary injectors come it but terrible bog until then. Iv read all the forum posts I can, good fuel pressure, tps sensor checks out good, map sensor seems to be working, new plugs Injectors were just flowed and cleaned, no fuel programmer. I can’t figure it out any help or Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You using the Honda ECU or a third party fuel controller?
Stock flashed Honda ecu with good known tune nothing too serious, no third party fuel programmers, thank you for your response I’m stumped!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have the clutch switch hooked up?
No not that I’m aware of I have a simplified harness which got rid of a lot of the safety features such as kick stand switch, tip over sensor stuff like that not needed to make the motor run

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
That ECU needs to see the clutch switch is open.

If you have the clutch switch circuit jumpered I suspect your ECU thinks the clutch is pulled and using the clutch engaged. neutral map.

Failing that I defer to the SC57/SC59 model experts :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That ECU needs to see the clutch switch is open.

If you have the clutch switch circuit jumpered I suspect your ECU thinks the clutch is pulled and using the clutch engaged. neutral map.

Failing that I defer to the SC57/SC59 model experts :)
That would make sense any idea the wires for the clutch switch I could try running a jumper wire to close the circuit to see if it changes anything

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
You using the stock Throttle bodies? Stock air box?
From your description is sounds like an issue with the throttle position sensor. ECU isn't recognizing the throttle is being opened or has a delay in sensing the position.
Does it seem like it's flooding out when you say 'bog' or running lean?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You using the stock Throttle bodies? Stock air box?
From your description is sounds like an issue with the throttle position sensor. ECU isn't recognizing the throttle is being opened or has a delay in sensing the position.
Does it seem like it's flooding out when you say 'bog' or running lean?
That’s exactly what it’s like, stock bodies, stock box,stock injectors definitely not lean if anything too much fuel

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Maybe it's actually flooding out. Can you smell gas coming out of the exhaust?
How do the plugs look after being bogged down?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe it's actually flooding out. Can you smell gas coming out of the exhaust?
How do the plugs look after being bogged down?
No fuel smell from exhaust but does smell rich, just tried known good cdi box same issue

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Gotta be a wrong/bad sensor.
Wierd though it's fine on the top end when secondary injectors step in.
You have any way to log and look at actual Afr's?

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
Gotta be a wrong/bad sensor.
Wierd though it's fine on the top end when secondary injectors step in.
You have any way to log and look at actual Afr's?
You think the clutch switch is jumpered so the engine will start?
Does the SC59 need clutch pulled to start?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
No I just went through that exact issue. I've had my clutch switch jumped out for 8500 miles now. All that will do is trick the ECU into thinking you have the clutch pulled in at all times causing the ECU to run on the neutral/clutch in ignition maps instead of the in gear ignition maps. Also it could not be enabling the secondary injectors in this situation (not confirmed but info was from a knowledgeable tuning software vendor)
I had no issues riding my bike this way, idled fine, no bogging

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Could that be a symptom of 'limp mode'?
I would assume not since it runs fine at high rpm's but I'm just guessing

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Do you have the service manual for the ECU year bike? Might help understand how all the vacuum lines and sensors work.
You can use the search tool and download it here

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Do you have the service manual for the ECU year bike? Might help understand how all the vacuum lines and sensors work.
You can use the search tool and download it here
Swapping throttle bodies now to rule out tps sensor for sure and have other injectors to try as well I’ll keep you posted definitely seems like it getting too much fuel

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Yeah I'm not sure what else could cause those symptoms.
Starts, idles perfect. Bogs out on excel and once it hits high revs runs normal again.
Can't think of anything obvious other than flooding out on excel

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
You have the pair valve system blocked off? Was it disabled in the ECU? If it's blocked off do you have the vacuum line for it plugged off?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts