Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
You have the pair valve system blocked off? Was it disabled in the ECU? If it's blocked off do you have the vacuum line for it plugged off?
Pair valve blocked off and yes the vaccum is plugged and turned off in cdi, just swapped air boxes, injectors and throttle bodies same issue

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
With the engine and ECU seperate from the bike there is so many variables that could be the cause due to the advancement in ECU technology compared to earlier years. The ECU uses so many of the sensors or combinations of inputs from sensors or switches to determine things its difficult to give you a path to follow so I'm just throwing things out there at this point

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Are you also using the dash for that model year bike?
Same deal in gear haven’t tried under load, going to the track tomorrow and we will see, no gauge cluster lot of guys here run the same setup with same tune and wire harness with no issues

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
That makes it easier then. You know the harness, ECU, and lack of dash isn't the issue so it's gotta be something overlooked or a bad sensor

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I would really go over the vacuum lines. A vacuum leak would do exactly what you describe until the rpm's are up enough to overcome or outweigh the leak

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I would really go over the vacuum lines. A vacuum leak would do exactly what you describe until the rpm's are up enough to overcome or outweigh the leak
The only vaccum lines I have are the 4 off the throttle bodies that go to the map sensor

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Damn brother I'm at a loss. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
When you get it figured out please make sure you post here and let us know what you figured out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Damn brother I'm at a loss. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
When you get it figured out please make sure you post here and let us know what you figured out.
I really appreciate your time and help i feel defeated we will see how tomorrow goes if it grenades itself then we can try again on the next one

·
Premium Member
2,866 Posts
What software is being used to tune and manage the ECU? Without a dash how are you noting and resolving check engine lights and faults?

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
What software is being used to tune and manage the ECU? Without a dash how are you noting and resolving check engine lights and faults?
That's why I was asking about the dash. Figured he could at least eliminate fault codes first and go from there but if it's the same set up others are using with no issues then I'm lost

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
That's why I was asking about the dash. Figured he could at least eliminate fault codes first and go from there but if it's the same set up others are using with no issues then I'm lost
Figured it out this morning it ended up being a fuel issue I’m running an external inline pump to a fuel regulator my return like to the tank was blocked giving the regulator an inaccurate reading a making the fuel pump work harder, no more bog hopefully she holds together for 30 laps tonight and I can see how she runs, I appreciate you all for the ideas I was lost

21 - 34 of 34 Posts