Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a PC3 installed on my Vista laptop that is not cooperating. I previously had the software installed on an XP laptop with no issues.

I had to download the software from the Power Commander website and decided to download a couple maps after. My problem is when I try to open the map files, it doesn't show any maps available to upload. I believe this is because the files are in my computer as exe instead of djm files. When I try to plug the unit into the computer(via USB-with ignition on), I don't have communication between the PC and the laptop.

I have sent an email to power commander without response. I appreciate any knowledge that can be sent my way.

·
Tony's a Bitch
982 Posts
Double click the .exe map file and it will ask you where to extract it to. Extracts as .djm

Problem solved.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Double click the .exe map file and it will ask you where to extract it to. Extracts as .djm

Problem solved.
I double clicked and it says to unzip all files in Yosh map.exe to the specified folder press the Unzip button. I tried to add a .djm extension and unzipping the file as is with no success. I will fiddle around with it a little more. Vista is stubborn!!!

·
Premium Member
1,650 Posts
you dont have to add anything. just click unzip

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
From your first post you are having 2 issues.
1. Extracting the files from the exe-do as Venlaren said, just click unzip. You don't need to change anything. The files will extract with the djm extension to the folder selected.
2. Communication between the PC and laptop-since you are using Vista you may need to Disable Driver Signature Enforcement. I can't remember if I had to do this the last time that I connected to my PCIII, but it's worth a try. Also, make sure that the USB cable is fully seated in the PC and the laptop.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advise guys. I tried saying that I unzipped it as advised, and the PC software is still not finding the map. I know it's got to be something simple, so I will keep messing around with it.

As for the other problem, I appreciate the help. I will try that as soon as I get home tomorrow. It's supposed to be around 80 degrees.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts