Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had a couple CBR 929's but sold them and havent ridden in about 5 years. Ive missed riding and considering buying another bike. Looking at the 08 1000RR as Honda is all ive ever owned and thats what I like. Im just a little worried about buying one after reading about the problems with burning oil and the problems with the clutch. Can anyone tell me are these large problems or just a very small percentage of the bikes that have had these problems? The prices on 09 seem to be increased quite a bit so its looking like if I want a Honda its gonna be either an 08 or nothing. Whats everyone think? Should I get the 08 and feel confident Im not just buying a bike with problems?

·
Premium Noob
1,416 Posts
Welcome.
06-07 for the win.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
can't go wrong with a gixxer.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
:stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

muahhahaha........

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
LMAO!!! ^^^

A nooby wearing full gear??? Props for that I guess.
+1
at least he crashed it the right way. bet he learned a good lesson

·
huh?
2,305 Posts
nice.....not even out of the parking lot

·
Registered
274 Posts
Ive had a couple CBR 929's but sold them and havent ridden in about 5 years. Ive missed riding and considering buying another bike. Looking at the 08 1000RR as Honda is all ive ever owned and thats what I like. Im just a little worried about buying one after reading about the problems with burning oil and the problems with the clutch. Can anyone tell me are these large problems or just a very small percentage of the bikes that have had these problems? The prices on 09 seem to be increased quite a bit so its looking like if I want a Honda its gonna be either an 08 or nothing. Whats everyone think? Should I get the 08 and feel confident Im not just buying a bike with problems?
If you buy new the clutch should have been updated if the bike fell in the VIN# range. Any dealer can look it up whetther it's been done if you have the VIN. I have 500 miles on the updated clutch and it just gets smoother each ride, the 'slipper' clutch is like butter. Look at the last pages of the "oil burning thread"...estimated around 1% 08's using oil due to rings grabbing the cylinder wall.

I'm hearing there's an overstock of 08's and should get one new cheap, and they are awesome bikes, mine's got 750 miles and it just gets stronger and smoother. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok

If you buy new the clutch should have been updated if the bike fell in the VIN# range. Any dealer can look it up whetther it's been done if you have the VIN. I have 500 miles on the updated clutch and it just gets smoother each ride, the 'slipper' clutch is like butter. Look at the last pages of the "oil burning thread"...estimated around 1% 08's using oil due to rings grabbing the cylinder wall.

I'm hearing there's an overstock of 08's and should get one new cheap, and they are awesome bikes, mine's got 750 miles and it just gets stronger and smoother. :)
Thanks for the info. Ya the 2008's are hard to beat price wise and thats why the dilemma. Locally I can get one for about $11000 out the door with taxes included. If I drive about 4 or 5 hrs I can prolly get one for about $10200 out the door. I see that your from SW Ohio Grrunt. Can you give me any estimate on prices in your area? I live in southern indiana. I bought my 929's I had at Honda of Troy near Dayton. They had great deals back then. Any places up around there that you can recommend price wise?

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
kidding aside, my 08 is the absolute shit. i don't regret my purchase in the slightest bit.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Thanks for the info. Ya the 2008's are hard to beat price wise and thats why the dilemma. Locally I can get one for about $11000 out the door with taxes included. If I drive about 4 or 5 hrs I can prolly get one for about $10200 out the door. I see that your from SW Ohio Grrunt. Can you give me any estimate on prices in your area? I live in southern indiana. I bought my 929's I had at Honda of Troy near Dayton. They had great deals back then. Any places up around there that you can recommend price wise?
PM Sent.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts