• HiFlo's are similar quality, why not?

Votes: 1 33.3%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
151,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use one in a SC77? I'm at 16K miles, haven't checked it yet, but guessing it's time.

Wouldn't mind saving a few, if it's comparable. Thoughts?

·
Registered
17 CBR1000RR SP
201 Posts
I bought a Sprint Filter P08 F1-85 which flows a lot of air but it can pass very fine dust, so unless I am racing I precede it with a 1/2" layer of Filter foam. With the foam in place it now flows about the same as the Sprint Filter P08. Both are washable so better than stock that way, you only buy once. If you are only riding street than the Sprint Filter P08 or one of the foam air filters are the way to go, or the stock filter, you can't go wrong with factory filters but you spend money for a new one every 15k miles.

·
Registered
590 Posts
The OEM air filter can be had for around $50. I would not chance it on an aftermarket unit; seen too many stories of aftermarket filters either a. not filtering well at all or b. not sealing correctly and letting dirt in that way.

When I am ready for air filter I will go OEM but remove the metal backfire screen for a smidge better airflow.

·
Registered
17 CBR1000RR SP
201 Posts
I have used a K&N air filter in several vehicles and never had an issue.
On the metal screen, I think it is there to hold up the filter element against the vacuum pull of the air inflow.

·
a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
151,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The OEM air filter can be had for around $50. I would not chance it on an aftermarket unit; seen too many stories of aftermarket filters either a. not filtering well at all or b. not sealing correctly and letting dirt in that way.

When I am ready for air filter I will go OEM but remove the metal backfire screen for a smidge better airflow.
Valid point. $50 isn't much to spend. Where can they be had for that price? I always prefer oem wherever possible, when it comes to filters.

·
a d m i n
2018 Honda CBR SP
151,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have used a K&N air filter in several vehicles and never had an issue.
On the metal screen, I think it is there to hold up the filter element against the vacuum pull of the air inflow.
It's funny, but I never minded the frequent cleaning of foam filters in my 2 stroke dirt bikes, and I have had BMC, K^N etc in a few bikes/cars.

I've slowly just moved towards preferring to change out a filter with a new one, once it gets dirty.

·
Registered
590 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts