Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a titanium Hindle slip-on on my red/black 1000RR, it looks sweet. I only ran it for a few minutes cause I got installed late but it sounded good also. I will post pics first thing in the morning!

It looks a wee bit crooked but I had to "manufacture" some parts at 10:30 last night in the garage. Check it out...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RED_5 said:
Looks good, where did you get it from and what was the price?
How loud are Hindles? :?
Got if from a local shop in Clearwater, FL....it was $430. I haven't ridden it but I do like the sound of it in the garage. I'm going to see if I can get my digital camera to take some sound bites.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
For the 929/954, the Hindle full system offered up gains throughout the rev range, no where did the stock system make more power. On my 929, I got the full system with Titanium end can for a whopping $500. To this date, the best 2 systems for the previous 2 blades are the Arata and the Hindle. Can't wait to see graphs for both.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Do you have to try and make the pipe look straight or does it look crooked because you put it on later at night??

What do you mean when you say
I had to "manufacture" some parts
?

With the stock parts is the pipe crooked?

I can get one from a local shop for $420 all Ti and I just wanted to know if it'll be straight, thanks for the info...

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Pictures with the fender still on do me no good. I don't know why more exhaust companies don't remove the fender for pics. I can't imagine too many people that are spending the money on exhaust aren't removing the fender also.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Red Ryder said:
Looks nice... where is the tag?
I took it off for the pic but I have a "cheap" eliminator kit, didn't want to scratch the can. I'm waiting for another one that I have coming.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
RED_5 said:
Do you have to try and make the pipe look straight or does it look crooked because you put it on later at night??

What do you mean when you say
I had to "manufacture" some parts
?

With the stock parts is the pipe crooked?

I can get one from a local shop for $420 all Ti and I just wanted to know if it'll be straight, thanks for the info...
The screw and spacers did not come with the pipe so I had to put together some spacers from what I had in the garage, late at night. I believe it can and will be straightened this weekend. In my opinion, it looks great on the bike.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Does the Hindle slip-on get rid of the valve??

twinrelics after having the pipe for a bit what are your thoughts, sound quality, performance???

·
Registered
203 Posts
Why do all the slip ons have to look like crap for the 600/1000rr. Why can't they make a slip on that actually looks like it was made to fit the contours of the bike? Asthetically, these pipes look like an after thought. I mean ALL the aftermarket pies so far. :x

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
RED_5 said:
Does the Hindle slip-on get rid of the valve??

twinrelics after having the pipe for a bit what are your thoughts, sound quality, performance???
Yes, the pipe comes with a midpipe so the valve had to go although I only disconnected the cables, I didn't remove them.

This past weekend was my first real ride with the bike, a group and the pipe. Several people told me that it sounded really nice. I like it and the bike feels a little peppier, but then again, that just might be me reacting to the sound. I just turned my 600 miles, changed the oil and I was able to get on it a bit....not too bad though.

After watching the race this past weekend, I just might use it instead of the 900RR when I go back to Barber.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.