Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Rider in the Storm
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm contemplating getting one of these but I'm not sure about sizing and I can't find anyone around here that carries one to try on.

A couple of websites have mentioned that the arms, specifically around the elbows are pretty tight. I'm not the incredible hulk or anything but my arms don't fit the "thin" category either. My MotoGP leather jacket is kind of loose in the torso but the arms are snug so when I see a couple of mentions about even tighter arms I get a bit nervous.

Anyone have first hand experience with how this jacket fits? I searched a bit but didn't find anything really specific about this issue.

I'm 5'10" and right now around 190 lbs (but loosing some to get a bit more trim) and the Joe Rocket size charts show that I would be a 42 or 44 depending on how optomistic I want to be.

·
Ultra Premium Member
825 Posts
I'm 5'10 175 lbs and have the 42, good size for me. Arms are fine in riding position, not too tight. I'm not the hulk either, but in shape. Take this for what it's worth.

·
Deus Valt
12,890 Posts
I have the rocket hrc jacket in 48 -its lose with a tee but just right with sweat shirt under neath , I'm 6'2" with a 6'2" wingspan and weigh between 175 and 200 depending my eating habits .

·
Red Wingin Georgia Boy
1,116 Posts
i used to have one of the joe rocket black and grey leathers im 5'11 and around 200 pds and the 44 fit fine...so if you want it to be real snug go with the 42 if not get the 44 and you will be fine...might want to go with the 44 tho depending on your build...im a lean 200pds low bodyfat percentage and the wrists neck were kinda tight on me...the biceps were really really snug when trying to take off my helmet but perfect when in the riding position..

·
Rider in the Storm
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks...

Good info guys, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm 6'1" 195lbs, long arms, good build and the size 44 fit me real well. I preferred it to the Speed and Strength, Icon, Shift, and A-stars I tried on, but ultimately settled on a Dainese Zen. IMO the Honda Joe Rocket leather jackets are a good deal, though I wish the zippers were a slightly better grade, and had a black finish rather than polished steel.

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
I'm contemplating getting one of these but I'm not sure about sizing and I can't find anyone around here that carries one to try on.

A couple of websites have mentioned that the arms, specifically around the elbows are pretty tight. I'm not the incredible hulk or anything but my arms don't fit the "thin" category either. My MotoGP leather jacket is kind of loose in the torso but the arms are snug so when I see a couple of mentions about even tighter arms I get a bit nervous.

Anyone have first hand experience with how this jacket fits? I searched a bit but didn't find anything really specific about this issue.

I'm 5'10" and right now around 190 lbs (but loosing some to get a bit more trim) and the Joe Rocket size charts show that I would be a 42 or 44 depending on how optomistic I want to be.
Not to thread jack but i have a question:
Are you buying the one with the white honda letters or the black honda letters?
Im trying like hell to find somone who has the White letter version but no luck at all i have called everywhere and searched online and no one has one anymore. I need a large, 42-44.

·
Registered
161 Posts
i have the one with the white honda letters , i think i have seen them at burts mega mall in covina

·
Rider in the Storm
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not to thread jack but i have a question:
Are you buying the one with the white honda letters or the black honda letters?
Im trying like hell to find somone who has the White letter version but no luck at all i have called everywhere and searched online and no one has one anymore. I need a large, 42-44.
Hey Tex, just saw this...
I ran into supply problems with this jacket as well. Once it went into 'clearance mode' they all went fast (unless you want Blue or an extreme size). I'm searching for other options now but if you find one let me know.

·
Slower than you!
258 Posts
I'm 5'9", 185lbs. I have a Joe Rocket CBR size 46 that's too large for me. I just picked up a Joe Rocket Superhawk from newenough.com for ~$200. Size 44. Fits great. I like the CBR jacket a little better but that may be due to the Superhawk being new and not yet molded to my body.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts