Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super-Moderator
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do this every month for my KTM forum, simply list up the Current Incentives, if one were to buy a new, Honda CBR.

Annnnd guess what? Honda has rebates on a bunch of '19 left-overs, but nothing this month for the CBR SP.

I'm looking to buy a new '19 SP shortly.

It's a waiting game. 0:)

https://powersports.honda.com/offers

·
Hook 'em!
2,559 Posts
I do this every month for my KTM forum, simply list up the Current Incentives, if one were to buy a new, Honda CBR.

Annnnd guess what? Honda has rebates on a bunch of '19 left-overs, but nothing this month for the CBR SP.

I'm looking to buy a new '19 SP shortly.

It's a waiting game. 0:)

https://powersports.honda.com/offers
Have you located a dealer that has a '19 SP in stock?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Buying new is my vice, but it catches up quickly with my funds.:laugh2:
Bought 2 new-new bikes within a year, May 18 and July 19. Then, I could not resist the new-old stock CBR.
For anyone interested, the (shitty, but oh well, the price is what counts) dealer I bought the CBR in November still has 1 17’ ABS for 9.9K.

·
Super-Moderator
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you located a dealer that has a '19 SP in stock?
My local dealer is a long time friend. He showed me inventory @ a Honda depot, crated, and ready to ship '19 left overs..

Buying new is my vice, but it catches up quickly with my funds.:laugh2:
Bought 2 new-new bikes within a year, May 18 and July 19. Then, I could not resist the new-old stock CBR.
For anyone interested, the (shitty, but oh well, the price is what counts) dealer I bought the CBR in November still has 1 17’ ABS for 9.9K.
I'm hoping not to buy another street bike for some time after this, haha. That's a sweet price on a '17 base.
Didn't check, but I'm just curious if there are '17 SP2's still sitting in crates? :stirpot:

·
Premium Member
2,639 Posts
I'm hoping not to buy another street bike for some time after this, haha. That's a sweet price on a '17 base.
Didn't check, but I'm just curious if there are '17 SP2's still sitting in crates? :stirpot:
I will probably be selling my development SP2 in a couple months - it'll be the meanest baddest hardest hitting SP2 this side of the 2019 TT Paddock :grin2:>:):stirpot::gay:

·
Super-Moderator
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
344 Posts
This surplus stock is becoming a problem. Great news for new purchasers, and I don't begrudge anyone snaffling a bargain, but it proportionately reduces the used market prices and sellers can end up getting far less for their nearly new bike.

No solution to it, I guess. I suppose I'm just as upset if my Cornflakes go on special a week after shopping.:)
I believe that’s the first time I’ve seen a rebate on a ‘19 SP.
You're probably bang on correct. I'd certainly be going for that over the heaps of 2018s still available!(y)

·
Super-Moderator
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here in the States, there are not heaps of ‘18’s or ‘19s SP’s available, (according to warehouse levels I saw recently on the computer screen at my local Honda dealer..)

I recently purchased a new ‘18 SP, and am thrilled with it, as well as the discount.

Just putting these incentives out there for others.

To be straight, if you love your moto, selling it isn’t really a concern. Motos as you well know, are depreciating assets, whether you like it or not, it’s prolly going to lose value, such is life. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,639 Posts
At the moment the base or even SP is a great deal to build into a weekend racer/track day bike especially with the HRC ECU/harness based on upgrading the stock ECU/harness solution here in the USA now being a more attractive option.

Using an SP as a starting point carries the higher retail price and the extra expense of a new rear shock and Ohlins cartridge versus just the cartridge kit and shock for a base/ABS bike.

But being able customize TC/WC/WB per gear/rev is fantastic for the hobbyist racer/track day guy/gal.

·
Super-Moderator
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Where do you check the incentives?
I check the ‘current offers’ or ‘current incentives’ @ Honda.com, monthly..

This is often only part of it as occasionally Honda provides additional Honda cash for select dealers to throw at the deal to incentivize it further.

Many of the dealers that have super-low advertised prices on new leftover SP’s add back substantial fees (some up to $1500), to pad the deal to profit, be wary of those dealers.

Best to ask for a written, pre-tax, all fees included, quote from these dealers advertising super low, ‘get you in the door’, prices.

·
Registered
344 Posts
We don't have so much of that in UK, but there are some who add in a 'sneaky' 'admin fee'. To me is just another cash grab and would be like having a 'shelf stocking fee' added to your grocery shopping tab.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts