Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
CarbonFiber Undertail FTW
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the new CBR doesnt have a button for hazard lights (all turn signals blink). anyone know of how i might wire up one?

·
Registered
131 Posts
i thought i saw a pic somewhere that the euro 08+ have a hazard button and a flash to pass button, but idk if its a direct swap or not?

·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
ohhhh now that would be easy!

anyone know if this would work? What honda might have a similar switch assembly, but also have the hazard button?

·
Registered
45 Posts
My 09 1000RR has a hazard light and a high beam flash switch/trigger...

Maybe from certain countries only (I'm in Australia).

·
Registered
378 Posts
My 09 1000RR has a hazard light and a high beam flash switch/trigger...

Maybe from certain countries only (I'm in Australia).

If you have your cowls off at some point take some pictures of it and of the plugs, maybe it would plug right in?

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
My '06 GSX-R1000 had both.
Same thing here. The flash-to-pass is easier than toggling the hi-low switch, and the 4-way flashers are great for lane splitting.

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Actually, if you look at the Euro wiring diagram (hint, it's a sticky) and compare it to the US wiring diagram (hint, it's in the service manual that you can download), all you need to do is add in 2 switches and you'll have the hazard and flash to pass. The wire harness connector is the same for both, a 10P Blue. The Euro version just has a switch for the flash to pass and a switch for the hazard wired into it.

From looking at the wiring diagrams, you should be able to just order the Euro part and it would be plug and play. Maybe someone can find the part number for it. Anyone know of a European Honda site that has a parts fiche like the US sites?

·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i figured the differences would be in the switch itself, not in the wiring. i just ordered a 09 Euro switch off of Ebay.UK

i think the part number is: 01482 225817

i'm sure it wont be hard to find another for sale if anyone else wants to do this mod

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
i figured the differences would be in the switch itself, not in the wiring. i just ordered a 09 Euro switch off of Ebay.UK

i think the part number is: 01482 225817

i'm sure it wont be hard to find another for sale if anyone else wants to do this mod
I hope it looks like the attached image. Because I saw one on there that looked like the regular US one. And that does not look like a Honda part number.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
I think we owe the fact we don't get the flash-to-pass feature in the US to the fact that Honda recognizes that people over here drive like shit, and don't pay attention to proper lane usage and flashing anyway, so why bother?

Gonna get me on a soapbox if I keep thinking about it!

:shoot:

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts

·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea it looks like the one pictured above

yea, i'll bet that is the companys phone number.... my bad. i just copy/pasted it from the Ebay listing

·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
CONFIRMED !!!!!!

this mod is a confirmed direct plug and play!!!

got my Euro switch off of Ebay. unplugged my lame USA left controls switch, plugged in the Euro.

I not only have hazzard light ability, but also 'flash to pass'

:cool:

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Dude, that rocks. Ebay item #?
Your just going to have to keep checking ebay.co.uk (or any of the other overseas eBays) for one. But just make sure you get the proper one because I have seen the US version on sale on there.

Or you can always order a new one from one of the Euro Honda suppliers.

·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
UPDATE:

the Euro switch is a

DIRECT REPLACEMENT

no weird wiring bullshit AT ALL, just unscrew and unplug your USA stocker, screw in the Euro one and click it in.

boom, hazard lights AND a "flash to pass" button

·
Registered
253 Posts
this mod is a confirmed direct plug and play!!!

got my Euro switch off of Ebay. unplugged my lame USA left controls switch, plugged in the Euro.

I not only have hazzard light ability, but also 'flash to pass'

:cool:

Can any of you Europeans please track down the Honda part number for this switch?
I have found what I think is correct in this fiche -->http://www.oemparts.eu/oem5.asp?M=Honda&T=CBR1000RR&Y=2008&L=HO-CBR1000RR8&O=HANDLE%20LEVER/SWITCH/CABLE&F=HO-CBR1000RR8-RL&L2=HO-CBR1000RR8-RL, however it doesn't have Honda's part#.

Thanks a bunch.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts