Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in a "rainy area". Which products do you advise to clean and to protect my boots (A* SMX Plus) ? How can I do to prevent against "mould, bacteria " who likes to reproduce in this environemment ( wet, closed area, ...) ? :evil:

By the way, how do you clean the interior of ur leather suit ? I know I have to buy a coolmax stuff, but... it's not clean enough for me :?

Your advies are welcome.

Biovanman

·
Registered
23 Posts
It should tell you how to do this with the tags that came with the boots. My tags were attached to the boots in the box. It basically says to not put them by heat, keep them in form as close as possible as to when they are on your feet. Wipe them off with warm not hot water and air dry. There is alpinestars beeswax to keep them water resistant and the leather conditioned.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I use a leather cleaner/conditioner then a leather protector/sealant on everything leather I own. I bought them both at a high-end leather shop. At the mall you can check places like Wilson's or Leather Limited, or even go to one of the nicer tack shops in town (Horse places, they don't phuck around when protecting 3K dollar saddles...).

·
Registered
295 Posts
Any new products for INSIDE boots? I just obtained a set of used boots that smell like they've had a few experiments performed by Alexander Fleming in them....

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
I just crash mine repeatedly in quick succession until they are worthless and buy some new ones. Saves time cleaning them :D
LoL i don't doubt this a bit

i clean my boots with honda polish and (now) i wash leathers in the washing machine and let them hang to dry (a la LDH)

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Any new products for INSIDE boots? I just obtained a set of used boots that smell like they've had a few experiments performed by Alexander Fleming in them....
i just use that shit from walmart

·
I sell Hondas!
640 Posts
Depending on the liner material of the boot the helmet deodorizers work well. The right socks will keep the funk from ever getting to your boot liners for future reference.

Sidi, RS Taichi make some great ones

·
Registered
295 Posts
These were used. The insoles were easy to take out and clean, however the boots either being in the box while stored had some water (that old musty mold smell) or just sitting in their own funk over time.
The outsdie was the easy part, these actually stunk up my eintire garage as thery needed to go outside to air out. I'd like to save/ use these as I just go tthem.

Which product from Walmart do you speak of?

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
don't remember.. odor eaters or something?

seems to work ok but you could try febreeze or something too if you have it handy

·
Registered
295 Posts
It's a bit more needed than that. I took out insoles and tried fabreeze, didn't do much but mask it slightly. I just took the plunge and did a bath with a bit of vinegar and small amount of color safe bleach, and rinsed a few times...i hope they air out. I have a fan on them and will use mink oil when it dries a bit.
I'lll report back when done.

Thank you for response!

·
Registered
295 Posts
DONT WASH/SOAK LEATHER BOOTS!!!!!

I think it's just "easier" to re-stretch pant, jacket, suits due to the larger size and leverage.

My recent SIDIs (which needed more than a wisp of fabreeze) shrunk. I can JUST get my foot in and wearing these around etc will stretch them again, but they won't zip over leathers now...

be careful and get some of those shoe shapers first after washing and a couple 2x4s or something for the upper.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.