Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as it says. There’s dials to make adjustments on the forks and rear shock for our weight I’m guessing.. how can I tune this myself form 175lbs rider???

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah "87",, watch as many Dave Moss videos as possible and if you become a serious student, subscribe to his site. You will soon have a good handle on this topic.
Here in Vegas, we have a Dave Moss proteges' moved from LA and he will be doing my suspension now. I'm your weight and have a liter bike. A bit lite to "spring" the bike as needed to do a reasonable tune but I can get close. Also, I have learned enough to know that I need work on the rear spring. It's too stiff for my weight. Front is just about right. See?, soon you will be looking at tire ware and puting a zip tie on your right tube also.

·
Premium Member
8,346 Posts
Then when you are a master from watching drink the kool-aid videos take it to a proper suspension tuner that actually knows what they are doing. The difference is very notable when a professional gets their hands on your bike.

·
Premium Member
4,932 Posts
Then when you are a master from watching drink the kool-aid videos take it to a proper suspension tuner that actually knows what they are doing. The difference is very notable when a professional gets their hands on your bike.
I think the placebo effect is often in effect with suspension tuning videos. lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Then when you are a master from watching drink the kool-aid videos take it to a proper suspension tuner that actually knows what they are doing. The difference is very notable when a professional gets their

hands on your bike.
Yeah exactly. The trick is to become knowledgeable enough to give educated answers to the questions the "tuner" will be asking. Also, things are NOT "static" with suspensions. They can change throughout your riding session, even in the street so having a bit of orientation concerning this subject can go a long way for confidence in the technological marvel you are piloting.

Really and truely, a bit of knowledge can go a long way on the street. Now for track riding, always go to the pro is my humble opinion. This is where "life lives on the edge" and a justifiable amount of expertise is warranted.

My dad said something very wise and I've never forgotten it. "Always know the answer to a question before you ask it". When one goes to the shop, this can really come in handy. NOW,,

I say, "a fool will not recognise the wise, neither his own foolishness YET the wise sees both."

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts

·
I'm not dead yet.
2,911 Posts
FWIW I can feel a difference in the ride/feel on '08 stock suspension between a full tank and a tank with the gas light on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts