Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

How to adjust manual CCT??

744 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Ces One 
#1 ·
Tons of threads on here about CCT problems. But my issue is I can’t adjust mine. After installing it I can’t get my fingers or a wrench from the outside of the frame. Gas tank is in the way so I can’t adjust from that way either.

I can’t prop the tank up because the wires that go to the tank are too short. All I can think to do is lift the tank, make an adjustment, run the bike. Lift the tank, make an adjustment if necessary and run the bike.

Or is there some kind of tool or modified tool I can use to adjust from outside the frame? A regular crescent wrench is too long and hits the clutch basket cover, preventing a good angle, so no luck there.

I was considering getting a cheap 5/8 wrench and cutting off the handle part so I can just hold the crescent?

#2 ·
Motor does not have to be running to adjust the CCT. Loosen the lock nut, and while rotating the motor by hand (remove timing hole cover), finger tighten the CCT and back it off 1/4 turn then tighten the lock nut.

Turning the motor over by hand takes the drive slack off the cam chain as the motor would while running.

#4 ·
I have not had success trying to tighten the bolt without lifting the tank. Lock nut has to be pretty tight (~15 ft-lb), and I had it vibrate loose once due to insufficient torque. I don't think you would be able to snug up the lock nut enough even if you could get a small wrench in there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.