Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are there any features specific to the 2007 Repsol that differentiate it from a standard, non-Repsol 2000 CBR1000RR? Can you point me to any good resources for pics of originals? There are a lot of pictures of 2007 Repsols online, but its hard to tell what's original and what's not. Also, I see lots of variations on stickers, size of stickers, etc. I know placement is kind of random as the stickers were sometimes installed at the dealer and sometimes buy the buyer, but the original stickers themselves should at least be the same on original bikes, right?

Any help is appreciated!

EDIT: I should add (if you can't tell) that I'm not normally a Honda guy, so I apologize for asking what may seem obvious to die-hard CBR folks. I'm just trying to learn!

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
The big noticeable difference would be the frame color. The ‘07 Repsol has a silver frame while the rest of the ‘06/‘07 bikes had a black frame. Other than that really the only ways are by VIN (they were sequential) and the code in the trunk. Here is my ‘07 (#376) to show the different frame:

The stickers come in a pack and yea, some were installed by dealer, some not. My dealer just gave me the pack so I could place where I wanted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The big noticeable difference would be the frame color. The ‘07 Repsol has a silver frame while the rest of the ‘06/‘07 bikes had a black frame. Other than that really the only ways are by VIN (they were sequential) and the code in the trunk. Here is my ‘07 (#376) to show the different frame:
Great info! Thanks! Any idea what the VIN range is? What code should I be looking for in the back?

Your bike looks amazing, btw!

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
If I remember right I think it’s the first 500 in the VIN sequence? In the tail there is a color code, so unless they were very thorough in the mod you should see this sticker:

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Your bike looks amazing, btw!
Thanks, I went a lil off-book and replaced the standard "CBR Racing" decals with some "RC211V" decals, felt more appropriate. Somehow managed to get lucky and have that as my plate number as well, glad noone before me had that idea when registering theirs, lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
That's exactly what I needed. Just want to make sure if I DID pick one up, it'd be an original and not a 'tribute.' Much appreciated!

I do like the RC211V sticker. That's a nice touch!

·
Custom User Title
1,093 Posts
Check the last 5 digits of the VIN. I've never seen an '05 or '07 over 01500 and they were all sequentially numbered.

You can call any Honda shop and they can check the VIN for ya!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts