Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
196 Posts
I'm not educated in the slightest with PCs...but I'm trying to wrap my head around what I'm translating as an 07 CBR1K that doesnt want to pull the front end up like a ZX-10 or R1..? Is that the case? I had an '06...which is the same bike...and it would power wheelie in 3rd under the right conditions...1st gear was as simple as opening the throttle enough. Front end came up real quick.

With that said, as I've learned over the years, a bike that is LESS prone to lifting the front end is a better bike, considering what these bikes are designed to do - win races. In any case, if your bike is NOT lifting the front end in 1st and 2nd gear easily then you could be dealing with some issues...others would have to chime in, though.

Honda's mantra with pretty much all of their supersports up until the RR-R was 'Total Control'. They purposefully built bikes that were [relatively] comfortable, had great ergo's, and they perform great in all categories. As you relayed from someone on another forum, yes, the CBR is exactly like that can opener reference. It's smooth, with top notch fit/finish and engineering. That's funny to think of it like that.

If you want more noise and pops, I'd look into Moore Mafia. Chris is very popular for ECU/Dyno tunes, and I've seen videos on Youtube where he literally asks the customer "how much popping do you want?", and then he tunes the bike how the customer wants it. I suspect if you want to change up the engine braking, that would be done in the ECU as well.

Hope you decide to keep the CBR. '07 was a great year in terms of streetability and aesthetics. Looks like yours has some aftermarket fairings, but they look nice. Plus that year has no electronics, which, while subjective, I think is a better way to ride (with the exception of ABS...those are good).

Shaun

• Helpful
Reactions: J D

· Registered
196 Posts
still sounds worse than my Yamaha but maybe I can fix that in the spring.
What year was your Yammi? If you had an ‘09 or newer, the CBR will probably never sound as good to your ears. That is also subjective, but it’s hard to beat the sound of a cross plane.

With that said, I know most will suggest Yoshi and Akro for exhaust, but I personally had an M4 on my ‘06 which sounded amazing (and won’t break the bank), and I’ve heard an ‘07 with a full Arrow exhaust which was incredible. Food for thought.

Shaun

· Registered
196 Posts
It was a 1999 carb'd R1, the crossplane crank noise never did it for me. If you have any good sound bites of your bike, please share them :D It seems good exhaust note videos for this gen were scarce..
Found what is apparently the only video I ever recorded of that bike with the M4:

Hopefully you can see it. Nothing special, no revs, just a startup and some idling, but if you have good speakers you can hear how it sounds. Hopefully that helps a little.

Shaun

· Registered
196 Posts
Sounds very similar to my Erion racing system, maybe a bit deeper. love the red fairings.
It was exactly the sound I was going for…louder than OEM but more smooth / mellow relative to other options.

Those fairings are aftermarket, but they are pretty much identical to OEM. My favorite combo from that gen is the blue / yellow though:

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting

It's such a unique combo, and one that I pretty much never see (on a CBR or otherwise). I wish they would make a scheme like this for the new RR-R along with the anniversary colors.

Shaun

1 - 4 of 4 Posts