Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
'07 CBR1000RR
43 Posts
I have a 2007 1000RR with a PC3, Yoshimura R5 slip-on, it's a daily commuter. To address some of your questions:

1) The PC3/5 can be changed via different fuel maps, as well as the low/medium/high range adjustments via the buttons on the module face.
2) Engine braking via deceleration is largely controlled by valve timing, it's not really something you can change with the fuel system
3) You could lean out the fuel LOW range button on PC, which would induce popping during deceleration, but you're also leaning out the LOW range during acceleration.

I bought my RR used in 2011, and now have nearly 90,000 miles (yup), I like that fact that it starts with out fuss, accelerates when I need it to, gets decent mileage (40mpg), and doesn't try to kill me on a minute by minute basis. If that's what you "need/want", probably need to go back to an R1. =)

· Premium Member
'07 CBR1000RR
43 Posts
Sounds like we've got a fairly similar setup then! Finding exhaust videos that are decent for this gen bikes seems to be hard.. How is the R5 slip on? This erion racing exhaust feels super quiet to me from my other bikes. 90,000 is incredibly impressive, I sold my R1 at 46k and man was that a mistake.... Did you setup your PC3 yourself or got a fuel map from somewhere for your bike?
Correction: RS5 (not R5) slip-on. It's the older oval one, and I added the LVI (low volume insert), to make it quieter. The PC3 I loaded one of the included maps, apparently M125-013 according to my 2011 notes.

'07 CBR1000RR Yoshimura RS-5 Carbon Fiber Slip-On (Oval) with Low Volume Insert (RS5-INS-K) PowerCommander 3 (M125-013 map).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts