Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
My low fuel light has come on multiple times now at 86 miles. :shock: I don't ride much past the light coming on because I like to make it to wherever I'm going. That's cruising around 7-8k, riding it pretty hard, but with a decent amount of city driving mixed in there.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I've filled up twice at 120 miles give or take a few. Took 3.8 gallons, the reserve is a gallon. That was 50% highway.

·
Sprung
1,001 Posts
1.) Who cares. It's a blast to ride. You want gas mileage get a Rebel. :)

2.) Naw, seriously, it's slightly better than the Superhawk with my wife riding it, that meaning around 36-40 mpg.

·
Huge Member
707 Posts
I ususally fill up right after the reserve light comes one around 80-90 miles. It takes between 3.5 and 4 gallons. That is with everyday commute riding.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Wow, I must really ride the piss out of my bikes. Light comes on around 85-90 miles. I only touch 5-6th gears for novelty at this point, and 4th is pretty infrequent itself. Lotsa twistys, and a fair amount of city riding.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Last tank was 148 miles with a 3.44 gallon fill-up.

That is 43 MPG. This was running between 5K & 7K on the back windy country roads. Very little stopping & starting and very little shifting. Usually pick one gear on the back roads and just cruise between 60 & 80 mph with the occassional harder riding mixed in.

Bike has 985 miles. Mileage last two tanks has increased quite a bit.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.