Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Im new here since I just bought a 2014 SP racebike, this bike has the HRC harness and HRC ECU 38770-NLR=B31 but I dont have the HRC CABLE 38880-N1C-770 and software.

Since I dont find a straight answer to this I put it here as a question.

What will be the real options/possabilaties using this cable and software, is there some good funktions settings I can acces?

I take i that I can change fuelmaps and set RPM limiter from what I read, but is there any other real usable funtions/setting or is it better to ride like it is and by more tyres and tracktime?馃

Br
michael

Registered
If it was a race bike, it's probably had a full custom map done. What did seller tell you? Is it mapped for race fuel? Does it have hrc dash with higher rpm (which hrc ecu allows). Engine work? Full or slip-on exhaust? You don't need more rpm's if it's stock engine/exhaust. Why not take it to a track and ride it like you stole it, then if you'r not happy with performance look into adjusting settings.
FYI, HRC ecu's are a bit tricky to work on to get the most out of them. It takes a very experienced tuner to work with hrc ecu without a piggy back system like bazzaz or dyno-jet. My 09 hrc spec bike was tuned by Erion Racing (Anaheim, CA) who did a lot of racing HRC back in the day. It took them all day to tune the hrc ecu!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great, thanks for reply.
well, i dident plan to change the fuelmaps, the engine is stock and thats one of the reason byuing this bike, hopefully it will be reliable馃
I has the HRC ECU, the HRC harness and some sensors for whelieecontrol and TC i think, also switch for speedlimiter and modeswitch. It was more having the possibilaties to change thoose parameter I was after.
(steeringdamper, lanchcontrol as well?)

On some of my other bikes as they have stock ECU and software everything is handled by the std switches on the handle bar so thats an easy task to change the settings.

But as you say, I guess I just leave it for now and focus on the riding馃弽馃挩馃挩馃挩馃挩馃挩

Br

1 - 3 of 3 Posts