Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

do you know where can i find HRC ECU for CBR1000 2008 the one with complete wiring harnesses so the OEM wiring will be removed and can i install bazzaz fuel controller with HRC ECU..?

·
Registered
1 Posts
DAVE I`m from Argentina, I have a 2008 japanese blade. If possible to install a HRC ecu whit the OEM wiring harnesses, so I can use the lights. I read about some problems whit the HISS and the electric fan

I have a brand new complete HRC Electric kit with traction control for the 2008/9 CBR1000RR[/QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
just out of curiasity know i didnt spell that right what are the benifits of an hrc ecu
Here are a few of the things that it will give you:
● Traction Control System (TCS)
TCS compares front and rear wheel speed information, and controls rear wheel slip using fuel and ignition timing adjustments.
● Anti-Spin Setting
Anti-Spin logic anticipates wheel spin caused by rapid acceleration, adjusting fuel and timing settings on the fly to maximize power transfer to the ground.
● G/R MAP Ignition Select
Ignition timing maps can be customized for each gear ratio.
● Q/S Setting
Fuel injection fuel cut and ignition cut cycle can be configured for each gear position and engine RPM.

Also, you can remove the exhaust servo, and it will completely remove the ignition retard from the bike (no need for a Z-bomb, IRC, or PCIII w/IM).

·
Registered
108 Posts
You lose lights if you also go with the complete HRC wiring harness, the way around this is to splice into the factory harness. Using just the ECU retains those functions however.
I believe you have a 08 with hrc ecu. can you please detail exactly what parts are needed to make this work and what mods required to get it to work correctly. Are there any side effects like lights, side stand etc. If you can include part numbers as a reference that would be great. Thank you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I believe you have a 08 with hrc ecu. can you please detail exactly what parts are needed to make this work and what mods required to get it to work correctly. Are there any side effects like lights, side stand etc. If you can include part numbers as a reference that would be great. Thank you.
I think there are other more complete threads about the subject, but basically you install the ECU (plugs right in), disable the clutch switch, wire up a manual fan control switch (or temperature controlled switch) since the fans no longer function through the ecu, and the sidestand switch becomes inactive. Lights still work as normal. I think that is about it.

If you go with the HRC full harness is when other things start to no work - like the lights. I believe that there are workarounds for this, but I would not be the one to consult.

Hope that is of some help.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.