Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
It says the muffler is available separately, I wonder if it would mount up to the stock pipework... If that is the same one they are using in superbike, I would soooooo buy the can for $591.82. Probably need a different tail section too though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah they are pricy but I must admit the quality is there over aftermarket stuff. I modded my RC51 with HRC parts I was able to purchase and never had a problem with it. While others who did some internal engine mods with aftermarket stuff either didn't have the gains, reliability, or relative lack of service I attained. It all depends on how long you plan on keeping the bike I guess.

·
Premium Member
8,382 Posts
Let's be honest here this bike doesn't need any more power... Hell any stock bike that can turn within 10 seconds of full-on Factory Superbikes at Barber is more than adequate for any rider in here... I mean I'm a pretty good rider & it's already threatened to chuck me off into never-never land from overpowering the rear tire while leaned over. What it needs is a suspension overhaul to make it more compliant & tractable. I can't wait to fit the Ohlins on the rear this weekend & see what happens. All the horsepower in the world won't do you any good if you can't put the power to the ground.

An exhaust & a PCIII is on the way as well, but purely for weight reduction & better throttle control respectively.

& BTW I love Barber can't wait to get the RR out there!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Got a phone call from a friend today,who's participating german championchip with the CBR.
He has mounted the HRC Kit ECU and wire harness (ok, those only,not more-and the Ecu adjustment a 0-Level everywhere),the result on the dyno : 6 hp less at middle rpm,top peak same.........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.