Premium Member
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The parts that went on the bike:

Everything went on except the gearing.

Before:

During:

After:

Now here is the question. After riding, and adjusting the throttle cable to where I like it, this is now how it sits:

Is that too far out? I really don't feel like tearing the thing apart again. That would really suck big time. It won't hurt anything will it? I wouldn't think so but I figured I would ask. Thanks.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Looks good! What kind of HID's are you running.
Any significant power gains?

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good! What kind of HID's are you running.
Any significant power gains?

They are 8000k Tai Changs I believe w/ the slim ballasts.

With the flapper mod, pair mod, bazzaz kit, z-bomb, bmc race, and throttle kit it sure as hell feels a ton faster. The thing sounds like a damn monster. With all the intake opened up it is breathing much better. Sounds very cool.

Bump for the HRC throttle question.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Looks just like mine. You're str8 man don't worry about it.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
580 Posts
They are 8000k Tai Changs I believe w/ the slim ballasts.

With the flapper mod, pair mod, bazzaz kit, z-bomb, bmc race, and throttle kit it sure as hell feels a ton faster. The thing sounds like a damn monster. With all the intake opened up it is breathing much better. Sounds very cool.

Bump for the HRC throttle question.
Good stuff, but I don't need this bike to be any faster. Congrats on the upgrades. About the throttle, if its not harming anything and you are comfortable with it. At least wait until you go back in.
Now go ride that beast....:th_salute:

·
Registered
834 Posts
i only have about 3 threads showing on my throttle cable - but i do have a '06.

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just fixed the throttle. It is good now.

It is not a plug and play speedo healer. I needed to splice. Not a big deal at all.

·
Registered
19 Posts
we ran into same issue on the 08+ CBR1000RR... the problem is the HRC throttle kit is meant for the HRC throttle bodies. We fixed by using the oem pull and the hrc return cable IIRC. Try that, should cure the slop and maxed adjustment.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts