Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Flying down one of my favorite straights still on the gas in the top of 3rd gear and I hear this loud bang and my bike starts vibrating bad before I hit my braking point for a turn. I look down and the side of my bike is covered in oil. Came to a stop and all I see is hole above the clutch area. The clutch basket exploded and punched a hole in the block. Thank God none of it went into my leg. Anyone know of any options besides a new engine?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,388 Posts
it would cost more to replace the cases and swap everything over. also, you would want to pull everything apart and inspect it. do you know what caused it?

if i were in your shoes i would throw another motor in it and call it a day. much easier.

·
Premium Member
14,388 Posts
after looking again, it looks like the clutch basket let go.

yep. he is missing the clutch basket from 9 o'clock to 12 o'clock.

·
Premium Member
14,388 Posts
did ya drop the bike? looks like the frame slider is worn down as well as the rearset peg and brake lever.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
did ya drop the bike? looks like the frame slider is worn down as well as the rearset peg and brake lever.
No,that damage was from a lowside from before,just never got new sliders. The clutchbasket did let go,Just wondering what would cause something like that. I dont stunt or drag, just ride hard.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.