Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 CBR1000RR
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an idle surge during engine warm-up between 150-165 degrees. It’s only during warm up tho… runs good, strong, smooth, come up to a light no surge. It’s literally only between these temps. I have a hot bodies slip on & mid pipe (it was on it when I bought the bike) and from what I understand, a stock tune on the ecu. The surge doesn’t really bother me bc it only happens between 150&165 degrees. But here in FL you don’t see at temp below 170 at a red light here on a cold day so idk. Do I need a tune for that? I mean Im happy with the overall performance of the bike otherwise. I did order a cs racing exhaust, waiting on it to come in…. So if it is a tune that I need I’ll wait until it’s installed to go down that route. But if there is something that y’all suggest I get sorted first I’m looking for input….

·
Registered
2005 CBR1000rr
867 Posts
I don't have any input on the surge, sorry. I think Hot Bodies slip-ons don't require any ecu changes. Just curious why you are changing the pipe...is it because of the surge, or do you not like the sound?

·
Registered
253 Posts
It's because the cs racing exhaust looks so damn good!

I'm waiting to see how it affects my 2016 SP. I'll be going with RapidBike Evo, eventually, for fuel management. I put one on my Aprilia Dorsoduro and it totally transformed the bike.

·
Registered
2016 CBR1000RR
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have any input on the surge, sorry. I think Hot Bodies slip-ons don't require any ecu changes. Just curious why you are changing the pipe...is it because of the surge, or do you not like the sound?
I don’t like the sound. It sounds ok at idle and lower rpm’s but at mid range and high rpm’s it’s just a raspy screamer. And….. I like the clean ass look of the cs exhaust. I was just wanting to sort out any underlining issue (if I have one) before I start changing parts

·
Registered
17 CBR1000RR SP
219 Posts
Once you have the new exhaust on a reading with a O2 sensor will tell you if you are running lean, if you are lean that can cause a surge but not usually one so strong. A good tune can't hurt with the new exhaust. :)

·
Registered
2016 CBR1000RR
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input…the surge is about a 300 rpm fluctuation. So not a huge deal I guess bc like I said it’s only during warm up. But I will definitely look into it further after I get the new exhaust and let y’all know what I come up with. Thanks again for the replies fellas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts