Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GF realized the other night when taking her boots off (Sidi Vertebra) that the insides (Portion pointing towards bike) of them were red. She was like "What the... Uh Oh". Sure enough, both sides of the tailsection rubbed raw. :( She felt really bad. I surprisingly wasn't that angry. I told myself I would never get attached to a bike like I did my last one again.

She had told me how she liked that her boots fit into the curve of the tailsection, unfortunately her boots fit INTO the curve of the tailsection. We taped up the insides and rear vertebra of her boots so hopefully it won't happen again. I'm thinking about possibly trying to fit some kind of carbon shin guard on the tail. If I do it, I'll post up.

Just thought I'd pass the word so noone else ends up in the same spot. Oh well, one more excuse for custom paint. :thumbup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Re: If Your Passenger Wears Race Boots - Precautionary State

IronNutz said:
...I told myself I would never get attached to a bike like I did my last one again....

Just thought I'd pass the word so noone else ends up in the same spot. Oh well, one more excuse for custom paint. :thumbup:
ah, yea, but a brand new ride :cry:

thx for the headsup though

and i think i read on one of these forums that paint job could be had for ~$400 -- we do expect pics, of course :wink:

·
Registered
240 Posts
:shock: Wow thats not cool. Strange that it happend. Perhaps spacing out the rearsets with spacers (kinda like when getting a high mount exhaust on a standard side mount bike) would alleviate this issue. hmmm....food for thought

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.