Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

ignition problem

836 views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  J P 
#1 ·
if this is in the wrong section, then sorry for that

so this past friday i had three guys try and steal my bike. i just so happen to hear a strange noise and went outside, to find two guys pushing my bike up the driveway. needless you say i yelled a few choice words as i ran after them and they dropped the bike and ran to a waiting car. long story short, they broke the steering lock and the ignition. does anyone know if this stuff if easily replaced? or did this cause a good amount of moneys worth of damage? there was no damage to the bike cause it fell on the sliders, but the bars wont lock anymore and i have to force the key to turn. any info is appreciated - JP

#2 ·
Shit man that is lame, glad they didnt get away with it. Dono about those parts as I have never replaced them, but you may be able to get them from someone here that converted to a full track setup. What year bike is it?

#4 ·
its an 06. one of my guys at the honda dealer was thinking that they may have broken a piece off of the frame....if thats the case then i am screwed. i just want the bike to be able to lock the bars again. sucks that you cant leave anything outside anymore. i have a show truck and now a bike that i always have to leave in a garage...ridiculous

#5 ·
i live in an apartment in miami while im here for school and baseball and i wish i had a garage to keep my truck and bike in. my truck got broken into and a couple things stolen out of it and the bike has always stayed in one of the other guys garages that lives here...dunno why you would want to leave either outside...

#6 ·
well the truck always stays in the garage, but the bike was still out cause i had just cleaned it and i was inside enjoying a few drinks haha. i just hadnt pushed it to the garage yet. it sucks that most of us work all week to afford our stuff and some people think that they can just come and take it. my springfield xd .45 wont take anymore of that haha

#8 ·
haha yea. now the only problem is our president wants to tax the hell outta my bullets. they are impossible to find around here. figures all the people in texas would freak out and buy all the ammo available

#12 ·
well i just got back from honda and it didnt come out good....for insurance haha. so apparently all they did was just kick the bars on the clutch side and it broke the lock tab that is on the frame. so they broke the tab off of the frame and the ignition....so basically the frame would have to be replaced for the lock to work correctly. what i may see is if insurance will give me a check for all the damages and ill get the welder out and patch that lock tab. i doubt itll work out like i want, but who knows. the damage estimate for just the ignition and frame and installation....comes to 3630.00

ouch. fucking criminals

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.