Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017 CBR1000RA ABS/OEM QS
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just removed my ram air intake restrictors, cleaned my air filter and installed my new velocity stacks. I am reassembling everything and I can't quite seem to get the correct orientation that the rubber damper is supposed to fit inside the quick connect. I remember pulling on the rubber tab to release it but I forgot how it lays inside the fitting? Help would be much appreciated fellas! I have attached some picks to show you the piece I am talking about. In my service manual it says to replace the teal colored connector when you disconnect the fitting, is it always the case if won't seal right if you don't replace it? It's only my first time disconnecting it? I
Light Automotive tire Black Motor vehicle Machine tool

Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Auto part

Thank you!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The rubber part is meant to prevent the teal part from squeezing and releasing the fuel rail. In the picture, it's too far down since it's supposed to seat only a few millimeters inside the female connector.
Thanks for responding brother! I figured it out. It's one of those things that I made WAY more complicated than it should be! Lol Also, just in case anyone is wondering if they need to replace the Teal-Blue connector because the service manual says you do, you don't. You can reuse it as long as you didn't really butcher it up taking it out.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Align the Teal-Blue plastic piece to where it clicks into the bottom fitting (in my picture it's the piece with the yellow dot). Then, install the rubber damper the same way it is in the pic except slide it down until is stops where it hits the flange. Then just connect the top and bottom fitting, you will hear a click when it locks into place correctly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts