Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished installing my fairings from Auctmarts. I had a very good experience with the customer service, very quick responses and answers. It took 4 weeks to recieve them from the day i ordered them, but that is what i expected. Overall the quality is good. Paint is good. There are some imperfections like minor overspray from taping off, and a few clear coat runs. Nothing is very noticeable unless you really look for it. The fitment was great for the tail and tank, but the sides, bellypan, and nose was slightly difficult. Everything came out ok though. The windscreen wasnt even close to fitting, so i used the factory one. The seat cowl fit great using the factory base. I reused the factory trim pieces also. I am happy with my purchase. I didnt have over the top expectations, but they meet my minimum requirements.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i just put on new tires with a 55 profile rear, nicky mod, resprung and rebuilt the front forks, and hardwired a radar detector (passport 8500). Add that to the full Akropovic evo exhaust, PCIII, atech intake, BMC filters, Braking wave rotors, SS lines, 520 kit, HIDs, scorpio alarm,and powdercoated parts. All thats left is wheels($$$), motor work($$), or Ohlins shock($). I dont know what out of the three i would do.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm having the same problems installing my set. Everything fits ok except for the middle fairings. Do you have any words of wisdom?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Nice work. Is your rear brake resevoir free standing on just a short tube?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What part of the fairings don't fit? The bottom where the belly and sides meet up was very difficult.the rear res is on a cut down stock line held with a zip tie. It works well and is secure

·
Registered
68 Posts
The bottom doesn't fit well and all along the front where the fairing meets up with the trim pieces. I guess I might have to resort to the zip tie method I guess.

·
Site Sponsor
754 Posts
Just finished installing my fairings from Auctmarts. I had a very good experience with the customer service, very quick responses and answers. It took 4 weeks to recieve them from the day i ordered them, but that is what i expected. Overall the quality is good. Paint is good. There are some imperfections like minor overspray from taping off, and a few clear coat runs. Nothing is very noticeable unless you really look for it. The fitment was great for the tail and tank, but the sides, bellypan, and nose was slightly difficult. Everything came out ok though. The windscreen wasnt even close to fitting, so i used the factory one. The seat cowl fit great using the factory base. I reused the factory trim pieces also. I am happy with my purchase. I didnt have over the top expectations, but they meet my minimum requirements.

can I using your photos in the auction!

·
Site Sponsor
754 Posts

thanks for ur PM

·
Tony's a Bitch
982 Posts
Has it melted yet? Don't worry it will.

·
Premium Member
6,564 Posts
The bottom doesn't fit well and all along the front where the fairing meets up with the trim pieces. I guess I might have to resort to the zip tie method I guess.
photos of the problem areas please

1 - 20 of 36 Posts