Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just found out that by merely moving from North Carolina to TX, my motorcycle insurance rates more than quintuple. Thanks, Texas :th_down:

So . . . I'm curious if there's some local insurance companies that you guys could suggest that aren't ludicrous with their rates. To give you an example, I've got full coverage on my 2007 CBR1000RR, 2008 Volvo XC90 3.2 AWD, 1991 Volvo 940 SE, and 1974 Volvo 164E for a total of $172 per month in NC.

For just the cars in TX, the premium is $185. For the motorcycle, it's an additional $205 per month. That, my friends, is ludicrous.

Any suggestions?

If not, y'all will be seeing my bike in the classified within the week.

·
Mr. Bish
32,613 Posts
First off, it's "ya'll"

second, call State Farm... where you movin in TX?

3rd... how old? You gotta be up there with all the grampa cars.

Foth... careful with the :thumbsdown: to TX... unless you are moving to Austin... hell, they don't even like Texas there.

Welcome!

·
Registered
442 Posts
TX

So I just found out that by merely moving from North Carolina to TX, my motorcycle insurance rates more than quintuple. Thanks, Texas :th_down:

So . . . I'm curious if there's some local insurance companies that you guys could suggest that aren't ludicrous with their rates. To give you an example, I've got full coverage on my 2007 CBR1000RR, 2008 Volvo XC90 3.2 AWD, 1991 Volvo 940 SE, and 1974 Volvo 164E for a total of $172 per month in NC.

For just the cars in TX, the premium is $185. For the motorcycle, it's an additional $205 per month. That, my friends, is ludicrous.

Any suggestions?

If not, y'all will be seeing my bike in the classified within the week.
Where abouts in TX you at?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey -- I'm 29, living in San Antonio. No bad feelings about TX, just upset about having to sell my bike.

·
Mr. Bish
32,613 Posts
Hey -- I'm 29, living in San Antonio. No bad feelings about TX, just upset about having to sell my bike.
My apologies... SA sux.

Don't sell, man. Turn it into a trakbike and uninsure it.

Call State Farm... for realz. With multi-car stuff, you should save a lot.

PM me if your search comes empty. I'll call my agent and see what he has to say.

·
Super-Double Wammy-Badass
1,044 Posts
I have a loyalty issue with my All-State agent and will not leave her to save a few bucks. Well for my cars and home anyway. As far as my bike goes they can't hold a candle to almost anyone elses rates. I used State Farm for years for both mine and my wifes bike. They have slowly jacked the rates up though. 5$ here. $10 there. No big increases but when you look at what we were paying two years ago it's stupid. So I did some checking around and aked some guys I work with who ride. They turned me on to THIS guy and I sh*t you not it cut our premiums in half. We both have full coverage and payed not quite $200 for both bike through State Farm. With this guy it's $not even $100. And I was just a leary as anyone because I did not believe that with the same coverage there could be so much of a difference in premiuns. I made sure all the limits were exactly the same. Apples to apples with one exception. The new policy also covers up to $3000 worth of gear! CALL THIS GUY!

FYI- I'm 31 with one failure to yield right of way and my wife is 39 with a clean record. Both are insured on both bikes. '06 1krr and an '04 r6.

·
Mr. Bish
32,613 Posts
Good post, Snappy.

I'm going to call them regarding my trakbike. I don't know what I want other than theft... any recommendations from the peanut gallery???

·
1,044 Posts
I just know how hard it is to get isurance for some and how different pricing can be between one place and another. So much so it's like they are not even the same coverage. Price is only second to coverage. Anyone can sell a cheap policy that in reality won't cover you when you need it. I want to know that I'm covered and then after that's been established we'll talk price. Seriously though you won't be able to touch this guy on either one. Great guy. He's a broker so he checks alot of companies but he told me that usually it's Progressive FTW.

·
Aim High, Fly Low
125 Posts
i have progressive in Tx, no complaints. Some bikes are high insurance, depends on your credit, driving record, and what discounts you can get.

·
Bald-headed stepchild
841 Posts
I use st farm in Tx, paying $95 for FULL full coverage on an 06 1KR, and since i live in an apt and park in a storage place, I also have renters ins for $40000 coverage.

·
1,044 Posts
I use st farm in Tx, paying $95 for FULL full coverage on an 06 1KR, and since i live in an apt and park in a storage place, I also have renters ins for $40000 coverage.
That's about what I was paying too. Call my guy. I bet you $$$ he'll be able to drop it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts