Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have ridden for a few years on and off and never had either the intelligence or money (ok maybe both) to get insurance. When I did get pulled over, only once, the cop didn't bother to ask for proof of insurance. I have heard they rarely do ask motorcyclist for proof of insurance. Maybe it is just in my area; Seattle.
What are everyone's thoughts and experiences?
Thanx

·
Registered
57 Posts
GET ALTEAST BASIC LIABILITY!!! are u crazy? if u get into an accident, even a minor one, u can be held liable even if u are not at fault!!! The reason this is , is because if u dont have insurance , u don't belong on the road, therefore the accident should have never happened.
It's a strange analogy, but it's true.It happened to one of my close freinds.He was actually hit from the rear as he was stopped! and the police deemed him to be at fault and held him responsible for all damages!Can u belive that S**T!!
Now california is quite different that washington state i suspect, but seriously, liability insurance WITH uninsured motorist is the way to go..

·
I'm slower then you
1,394 Posts
I have been stopped once on a bike (in two year). He said I was doing about 90 or so on the freeway when he got on the freeway (good thing he saw me when I slowed down). Didn't ask for my insurance, surprised me. I also had 3 cruisers behind me by the time I stopped (I waited about a mile for the next off ramps, and for a safe parking lot).

But, I have full coverage on all of my bikes (loans :( ). I pay the same for my POS Buell (top speed of 137 MPG GPS) as I do this RR. I pay 60 a month.

I will keep the coverage on the Honda when it gets paid off. The Buell is getting cut off soon as it is paid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.