Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Rider Insurance, about the cheapest you`ll find in jersey. 39, no tickets, full coverage, $1400 a year. Heck, my 600rr was 750 a year. This has got to be the worst state to insure any vehicle. They tell you when you hit X age your rates will drop, then they get some new reg passed and it never happens. Insurance is a REAL scam in this state.

·
Registered
65 Posts
It cost me $79 to add the 1000rr to the State Farm policy. Previously existing on the policy is our 98 Trooper, 99 Accord EX-V6 Cpe and a 600rr.
Liability and Theft/Vandalism only on the bikes. Both of them are "paid in full".

Insurance coverage varies WAY too much from state to state to be able to compare them. You really need to clarify what state your in. Oh yea, Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
538 Posts
mtc said:
Rider Insurance, about the cheapest you`ll find in jersey. 39, no tickets, full coverage, $1400 a year. Heck, my 600rr was 750 a year. This has got to be the worst state to insure any vehicle. They tell you when you hit X age your rates will drop, then they get some new reg passed and it never happens. Insurance is a REAL scam in this state.
I beg to differ mtc. In NC it blows. I'm 27 no tickets. Progressive wanted $5500/yr full coverage and State Farm wouldn't even talk to me if I didn't have car insurance through them. Erie doesn't cover sportbikes. I have liability and fire/theft for 900/year through GMAC. Talk about a rip off.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Progressive is the highest priced everywhere. They advertise as the number 1 bike insurance company, because they will insure EVERY BIKE. IT is WELL worth it to switch your car to state farm, and insure your bike there too. You will save a couple thousand a year. Even more if you own a house and insure it through them too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Molsonman said:
mtc said:
I beg to differ mtc. In NC it blows. I'm 27 no tickets. Progressive wanted $5500/yr full coverage and State Farm wouldn't even talk to me if I didn't have car insurance through them. Erie doesn't cover sportbikes. I have liability and fire/theft for 900/year through GMAC. Talk about a rip off.
I know this is like comparing apples to well, a pear I guess, but I have my '00 R6 covered with Liberty Mutual and I pay $342 for the year...and I am 28, a couple of tickets....I do existing policies for my home and other vehicles, so take into account the discount you get for having multiple policies with them....

·
Registered
18 Posts
I called to get a quote from State Farm for the CBR1K- They quoted me $10 bucks a year more expensive than my TL1000.

Thats a whopping $680 a year full coverage.

Progressive can suck it.....
They are number one cause YOU pay thier bills. You don't really think the advertising campaigns the have are free do ya?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.