Honda CBR 1000RR Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when installing the integrated taillight can it be done without resisters, and if not where is the best place to locate them?

·
Registered
575 Posts
yup it can be done withuot them. They will just blink a lil bit faster. I didn't use them when i did mine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Or you could just spend $15 and do it the right way.

VFX flasher

Its a bit of a pain in the ass to pull all your fairing for the install as it goes right between the headlights.

But it will give you a stock flash rate without having to use resistors that could melt whatever they are touching.

·
A/V guru
243 Posts
You can run it without the flasher or resistors. You will get the fast flash rate, which IMO looks like you half assed an LED install.

IF you run the flasher it goes behind the left front cowl near the fuse panel not behind the headlight....an easy plugin install.

Running the resistors requires you to slice into the factory wires. You must find a nice spot to put the resistors, for they heat up nicely and can slowly melt plastic......

·
blue power ranger
197 Posts

VFX flasher

Its a bit of a pain in the ass to pull all your fairing for the install as it goes right between the headlights.

But it will give you a stock flash rate without having to use resistors that could melt whatever they are touching.
I went this way . But on since this is the 06-07 mod area..Assuming he has that year.The flasher is in the left upper cowl area.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Is there much of quality difference between different integrated tail lights? I'm not sure which one to go with and haven't really had luck finding the vfx for my bike. 06 1000rr

·
Registered
200 Posts
Clear alternatives rear for mine, don't use the resistors they get to hot. If u don't like the fast flash call brad and get the plug in relay for leds, problem solved. 06 is behind the left cowl easy install and cheap fix.

·
Mr. Bish
32,613 Posts
Clear alternatives rear for mine, don't use the resistors they get to hot. If u don't like the fast flash call brad and get the plug in relay for leds, problem solved. 06 is behind the left cowl easy install and cheap fix.
Werd!

Just call Brad and tell him to make it happen

·
Registered
224 Posts

VFX flasher

Yeah...OR you could do it perfectly fine the easy way...no resistors. I did it and the kit and everything took 45 minutes to install and looks AWESOME. Oh and it was like $70 shipped to me TOTAL.
Just letting yaknow

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.